Saturday, July 28, 2012

Car Irony


Odds and Ends
I had a fun week of driving because it was sunny but not blazing hot in Southern California. I could go out and drive with the top down on the MINI. While I was out driving, I discovered that I had missed a body art [tattoo show] and that I would miss an adult entertainment industry convention.
Oh well, I’m certain that I will manage to survive.
Car Irony
Car irony seems like a good term.
Somehow, I don’t think the world needs a Lamborghini SUV. It makes no sense to me but those crazy Italians went ahead a built a test model. I guess they thought it would be good idea and the global and European economies would be in better shape when they launched the project.
Maybe I can create a case study discussion for my Risk Management class built around the SUV.
Then, the other day, when I was rolling around running errands, I saw an unusual vehicle. Unusual vehicles are common in Southern California. They seem to grow like weeds here.
I saw a Toyota Avalon that was equipped as a small limousine. For those of you who are not familiar with the Avalon, it is just a bit larger than the Camry and it is a bit fancier on the inside.
It struck as being so wrong in so many ways starting with the idea that it is smaller than a traditional small limousine like a standard Mercedes Benz, Lincoln, or Cadillac. It probably gets better fuel economy; but, I feel anyone who wants to ride that way isn’t really bothered about fuel economy.
Silliness
I drink a Snapple product called Diet Half and Half. It is half tea and half lemonade. It has only ten calories, fifteen milligrams of sodium, and no sugar in a sixteen ounce serving. My doctors love the stuff. Actually, they approved of my drinking it.
Snapple is running a contest in conjunction with a television show that it apparently sponsors and I have never seen.
I won a prize this week. I thought maybe this would be money or a bunch of free Snapple.
Nope.
I won my choice of a Snapple screensaver or a Snapple calendar.
I don’t need or want either one. I don’t use a screensaver and if I wanted one, I could create it with Windows and my photos that are on the hard drive. If I had a girlfriend, I use random photos of her.
I use an old fashioned, paper calendar and have for years. I like the permanence of paper. I am also Y3K ready right now
I will still continue to drink the stuff because I like it and it is marginally better for me than anything else I can find.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home