Monday, February 07, 2005

no more footie...

This just sucks so badly. No more footie, American style football, until September. That is one long drought to suffer through. No college football. No National Football League football.

Some will say that I could watch arena football for a few more months.

Arena football is so wrong. Football was never meant to be played indoors in a venue the size of an ice hockey rink. Could you imagine a World Cup match being played on a field that small? I think not; most definitely not.

I watched the Super Bore errr Bowl yesterday. It just seemed dull to me. I ended up tuning out in the first half to watch Star Trek: Enterprise. That was so much better to watch; it is hard to beat Jolene Blaylock [or however she spells her name] and Linda Park, even in their baggy Starfleet uniforms. It was a very satisfying episode.

I was not that hungry last night.

If you tune into my son's blog, [see the link], you will see a photo of my regular Fatburger and some of my fries in his Monday the 7th posting. He and I went to Fatburger for a pre-game lunch on Sunday. Fatburgers are a truly great way to fill one's stomach. Although, if I had my choice, I would have gone to the Original Tommy's for a Double Chili Cheesburger and Chilir Cheese Fries.

Unless you live in or visit Los Angeles or Greater Southern California, there is no hope for you to enjoy a Tommy's burger. From time to time, my son, the Big Guy, and I go to the first location that never closes. It has no ambience to speak of, you eat standing up in the parking lot while sniffing exhaust fumes.

Yummie. Tastee. Anyway, moving on.

We went to the Los Angeles Boat Show on Saturday. We is Ms 2005 and me. It was fun looking at half million dollar boats and thinking about what it would be like to own one. Ms 2005 could be one of the hot chicks in bikinis that all boats of this size must have. I figured that the Big Guy could probably find a couple of hot chicks from his college to round out the crew. Then, we would be "ready to heave away on the anchor" and then "go all ahead standard speed"and cruise off into the sunset.

But, who wants to pay half a million dollars for a boat that only has one bathroom and shower?

Cruising into the sunrise in Southern California is not recommended because you will end up on the rocks.

Ms 2005 was willing to watch my current favorite Korean epic serial on television after we had dinner. It was Episode 25 of The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin. Unless you are Korean, this serial has no absolutely meaning for you. I have been watching these Korean historical drama serials now for about four years that have covered about 600 years. They are in Korean with cheesy English subtitles.

But, I like them because I have learned about Korean history this way. I even surprise some of my Korean friends with what I have learned so say nothing of the fact that I even watch a Korean language television show.

For the record, Ms 2005 got herself upgraded to Girl Friend V5.0 over the weekend. She is a Latin hottie. You know it is all good when the only complaint is "I don't get to see you as often as I want."

You'll just have to tune in to learn more about the Girl Friend.

I suppose that you know interest rates went up last week. Alan Greenspan and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors took the interest rate by one quarter of a percent. One quarter of a percent doesn't seem like much of an increase but it will start to have a nasty impact in about a year or so. There will be more increases this year so don't acted shocked when they happen.

In about a year or so, maybe two years, a lot of the initial fixed interest rates on the refinanced mortgages will come off of their interest rate locks. Then, they will begin to float upward. The borrowers monthly payments will go up and many will be caught between rising payments and falling leftover paychecks to cover the increases. I think we will see foreclosures increase in 2007 and that will be ugly for many. On the other hand, my mortgage will almost be paid off in 2007 so I am sort of ambivelent about the increases.

Well dear readers, it is time for your duty scribe to crawl off into his bed.

Be well and stay happy and I will catch you on the flipside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home