Thursday, February 10, 2005

odds and ends and in betweens

Today was a good day as Thursdays usually. One more day until the weekend and that is all great.

For some odd reason, I was particularly productive. One of the administrative assistants thought I was out of the office today because she had not seen me all morning long. I had been in my office, humming away on the laptop keyboard getting things done.

The Big Guy called me this afternoon to talk about the end of the month of February traditional dinner at Morton's, The Steakhouse. The Big Guy and I love our beef and Morton's is about the best place we have found for great beef. We talked about me dating since I have been divorced for a long time now; he says I can see any woman so long as she is a beef eater or at least not one of those vegan terrorists. Fortunately for me, the Girl Friend is a beef eater.

We also talked about who he planned to invite to join us as we devour the slabs of beef. The Big Guy said he was going to ask the usual suspects, The R and The E. Beef eaters to the core.

Actually, today was a day for calls to me.

One of my former managers from another company called me looking for a job reference on another person who had worked for me. We talked about old times and how nice it was to sleep soundly all night without needing any medication or counseling.

My brother called me today. He is a semi-regular reader of this collection of rantings and observations. I call him a semi-regular reader since I have been posting here in an irregular manner of sorts.

I hope to get more regular in the near future. I am taking Writer's Metamusil to improve my regularity.

Moving onward.

He was interested in learning more about the Girl Friend so I gave him some background on her. He seems to think she is nice. We also talked about my nephew who made the varsity lacrosse team as a freshman at his college as a starting defenseman. I have played some lacrosse before, not very much of course, so I was impressed.

I made plans with The Big Guy to help me spiff up my blog. I will see him on Presidents Day; he will improve the blog and I toss in lunch or dinner at our favorite Mexican food dive place, Albertacos in Mission Viejo, California and Denver, Colorado.

Two soft beef tacos, rice, and frijoles. The beef tacos have chunks of beef and not the usual ground stuff most places serve. The food all sticks to your ribs and stomach. The sixty mile drive is worth just for the food.

I think I am going to go off and do some reading for a change before calling it a night.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home