Tuesday, September 27, 2011

yard stones

yard stones
I had thought about titling the blog “milestones”; but, after the doctors said I was free of cancer, milestones seemed to be a poor choice. I haven’t had anything exciting happen to me lately.

I did go see a film DETECTIVE DEE AND THE MYSTERY OF THE PHANTOM FLAME. It is a Chinese film that combines a CSI-like detective and great wire work from CROUCHNG TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON. The interesting part of the film is that is based, in part, on historical records.

Fascinating.

While it is primarily an action film, I think I could have taken my girlfriend to see it and she would have liked it. But, I don’t have a girlfriend now. If I did, I would have taken her.

Doug said I should go see DRIVE because it is a truly great film. He’s seen it twice now. He also recommended MONEYBALL to me.


The MINI turned over 24,000 miles on my way to school last night. It was great to drive to school with the top down and cruise on the freeways at almost 70 miles an hour.

I got my weekly performance reports for the new quarter at school yesterday. All of my numbers for the most important criteria were strong positive variances.

I also picked up my student evaluation summary results. The school does a quarterly evaluation. My mean scores were 4.73 on a scale to 1 to 5 with 5 being best. Last quarter was my worst quarter in five years of teaching. I had some really ugly numbers.

My staples are out and I am healing nicely. The itching sensation has fallen off. Now, I just have a long, straight scar.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home