Sunday, October 02, 2011

MINI JAX

MINI JAX
MINI JAX is the personalized license of a 2008 or 2009 MINI Cooper. It is a crème colored convertible.

I had a chance to say hello and wave at the young female driver last Friday on my way to school. MINI JAX was in the lane to my right. I first passed her on the 405 Freeway when we slowed down for traffic. I had lowered my top because I had driven out of the rain in Redondo Beach.

It was warm and sunny and a perfect day for top down driving.

We kept pace with each other until we got close to the 405 – 710 Freeway Interchange and then I lost sight of her.

The traffic began to ease in North Long Beach and I saw MINI JAX probably three quarters of a mile ahead of me.

I decided to catch up with her. In retrospect, my decision to catch up with MINI JAX was probably really foolish and risky. I checked my speed once as I darted between very large trucks. The needle indicated we were traveling somewhere north of 75 miles an hour.

It was exhilarating to do something foolish like this.

I pulled in behind her and stayed there for a couple of miles. She might have waved at me after I got behind her; I’m not certain since I was changing lanes and looking for traffic. Then I changed lanes and passed. She followed my move.

We continued on like this for a few miles more until she took either the 605 Freeway exit or the 7th Street exit.

MINI JAX made my drive to school certainly very memorable.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home