Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Starting the Year

Starting the Year
The end of December and January are my big months for doctors for me.
I got new glasses in December; actually, I just got new lenses since the frames were fine. It was a late Christmas gift from me to me. I tend to be thirty and, at my age, fashion isn’t very important to me when it comes to eyewear. Being able to see clearly is.
Today, I went to the City of Hope for a PET scan. Aside from having to deal with an angry nurse it was fine. The nurse was upset because my blood sugar was high. It should have been high. I hadn’t been able to take my medicine since it must be taken with food and I couldn’t eat because of the scan.
Next week, I go back to the City of Hope for a CT scan.
Then, I will see my oncologist, Dr. Joseph Kim on February 20th. This is the current appointment day. He has rescheduled me three times now. I’m guessing he is not worried about me and my condition. If all goes well, he will put me on an annual follow up schedule.
Excellent.
Even more excellent was the drive from the City of Hope to Redondo Beach. It took about eight minutes and that was marginally passable. The weather gods cooperated with me and it was warmish, 68F, so I took the top down on the MINI and enjoyed the sun on my face and the wind in my hair on the ride back to the beach.
My Hair
My hair is really sad right now. It’s been two months since Molly last cut it so it has to be shaggy. I had class last night and one of my students, Jessica, said that I was looking ratty or not like a business professor should look. I promised her that I would look better next week.
The MINI and Me
I was watching NCIS tonight. It’s one of my favorite shows. Tonight, the character Ziva David was driving a MINI Cooper. It was a hardtop which makes sense since the story is set in Washington where the Winters are cold. It was red with a black roof.
Perfect.

Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home