Saturday, February 12, 2005

breaking rules...

Is breaking rules like breaking wind?

I don't think so.

But, anyway and more to the point, I am not sure that I care all that much if I break a rule every now and then.

My son The Big Guy says you should never, ever post a blog on the weekends. I think he believes posting on the weekends is like Miles asking for some more Merlot and an indifferent Merlot at that. You need to see SIDEWAYS to understand that reference.

Normally, I would have posted on Friday but I was sicker than any sorry, mangy mutt. I'm not sure if the air conditioning in my end of the office was on the blink and my air supply [hmmmm, interesting budding and unintentional rock group references] was cut back or if I had some nasty lettuce in my salad at lunch. Regardless, I got sick, nearly fainted twice, and heaved what little I had for lunch.

I left work early and came home and crawled in bed. Before I crawled in bed, I phoned the Girl Friend to suggest that she cancel our dinner reservations for Saturday since food was the farthest thing from my mind and stomach at the time. She was upset but I pointed out that I would rather have a fancy dinner with her when I can enjoy myself. Besides, if we go out on another weekend, we will miss the Valentines Day crowds and indifferent service.

On the subject of Valentines Day, the Girl Friend came through big time, really big time for her man.

She sent me two bottles of single malt Scotch whisky, The Glenmorangie and Amberlour. The Glenmorangie is one of my favorites so I know it is all good. The Amberlour is a new malt whisky for me so I am looking forward to enjoying it as well. This is the good stuff and needs to be sipped when one is feeling well; maybe next weekend, I will crack one open and indulge myself. The Girl Friend is not a Scotch whisky drinker. She likes tequilla and amaretto, not together of course.

She had the vendor include some cigars in the box with the whisky. All are excellent cigars and I will have a difficult time deciding which one to smoke first. She knows I love to smoke a good cigar and I know I will enjoy them, eventually. Right now, it is the lull between the rain storms here in Southern California. We had rain on Friday and into early Saturday morning. It should start raining again tomorrow.

The Girl Friend said that I get the rest of my Valentine stuff tonight when I see her. She knows how to make me happy.

I, on the other hand, am taking the risks in the Valentine stuff. I have a sort of good idea what size she wears. But, with women's clothes, a small from one designer is a large somewhere else. Plus, The Princess has always said, "Daddy, you don't have any sense of style, color, fashion, or trend." Like most men, I guess I am hopeless here.

Feeling supremely confident on Thursday, I swung by the local Tommy Bahama's on my way home from work and picked her up a top and some pants. The top was easy. The pants were one of those "hold'em up and see where they end towards the floor when I have my hands where I think they would be if I was holding her waist" guess on the size.

She gets her gift tonight so I will update anyone on Monday since I don't want to blog unnecessarily on the weekend.

After I crawled off for my recovery nap, The Girl Friend called to say that she would drive over and take me to urgent care if I was really, really, feeling sick. That was really thoughtful of her and that meant a lot to me. Fortunately, there was no need for that.

I can't remember any other girl friend every doing or offering to do something like that for me.

I think she is a keeper for me for sure and certain.

Besides, how many girl friends like or demand to go to new cars and new boats shows? Car and boat shows are guy type events and she looks forward to going to them with me.

Is that great or what?

Oh well, it is sunny and I think I will go sit on the baloncy and suck up the fresh, off of the ocean breezes for a while.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home