Monday, September 11, 2006

El Gringo & the Churrascarria

El Gringo
The photo turned better than I would have thought it would. The Prelude looks too dusty in it. Of course, I could have washed the Prelude before I went to El Gringo.



I hadn’t planned on featuring the two young female smokers as prominently as I did in the photo. Photos happen you know. You may wonder why there are no cars in front of the restaurant when I took the photo. I was having an early dinner around 4:30 PM because I was still full from the churrascarria that I skipped lunch on Sunday after a light breakfast. Oh well, life happens.



This was my dinner of two soft shredded beef tacos, rice, and beans. I had some iced tea to drink and I had some chips and salsa while I waited for my dinner to be made. It is a full meal and even though I ate at 4:30 I didn’t go to bed hungry

I didn’t have the same server as when Doug and I went there on Friday for lunch. The server tonight was a high school student. She was not wearing shorty shorts so I didn’t ask her if I could take her photo for my blog. One never knows what sort of a reaction that type of a request will generate these days.

The only thing I don’t like about El Gringo is they do not offer take out food at this location.

Still, I’ll be back at El Gringo next Sunday for dinner.

Churrascarria
Since I added some photos from El Gringo, I needed to balance that out with some from Saturday night’s dinner at the churrascarria.





I decided to have a full salad plate while Doug was a bit more reluctant to load his plate up as you can see.



The cool thing is they carve the meat right off of the cooking skewer right at the table. This allows them to keep the portions small and make you wait for the server to come back with a cut that you enjoyed. You may have to wait until the next time you go there for the cut to come back sometimes as I will do.



This is what was left of the bones among the three of us.

It was a good meal. I think Doug and I will be back there again before too long.

Verizon.net
Before you form an opinion that Verizon is great at providing decent DSL service, I want to point out their service is not without flaws. Sometimes, after I have been web surfing, I have to log in and Verizon doesn’t recognize me even though I have signed in already. That is annoying.

Verizon also doesn’t refresh their news feeds very frequently as Earthlink did. I am willing to accept slow news feeds in exchange for a faster and more stable connection. Sometimes, I get the same articles for days. They appear to have been permanently cached on my laptop.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me on Sunday.

She was calling to tell me about her trip to Hawaii. It sounded as if she did a lot of the tourist things. She said she was picked out of an audience at a show and she had to shimmy and shake her butt on stage. I wished I could have been there. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sharon also wanted me to apply for a job that I had originally forwarded to her. She thought that I would be very good in the job. I finally agreed to send in a resume. I will now have to wait and see what happens next. The job would be a challenge and it would be located in downtown Los Angeles so that is not all bad. I would have to travel in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. I can do that.

It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Programming Note
I don’t think there will be a blog for tomorrow with my planed dinner with my brother. I will be home too late and I will be tired so you can look for a longer posting on Wednesday.

Dessert – Woman of the Moment
Dessert seemed like a nice closing tagline for the Women of the Moment since it is at the end of the blog and after a couple of posts on food.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home