Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Monday Follow Up

More Monday Follow Up
I checked my mail to see if the check from the old bank arrived in the mail box today. It didn’t.

Frankly, I wasn’t expecting it to arrive. I don’t think they have been able to properly close out my account yet. The bank only cares about customers who are putting money in and not those that want to leave. I’ll give them until tomorrow’s mail. Then, I will call the branch manager’s boss. One of the nice things about working there is I know who to call with a complaint.

I don’t feel I am being unreasonable. I think a month and a half is more than sufficient time to close out a simple checking account and payoff and close a line of credit that was associated with the checking account.

This is not rocket surgery here people.

Programming Note
Since this is the Labor Day Weekend and Monday is a holiday, the usual Weekend Update will not be out until Monday. I want to enjoy the long weekend as much as the next person.

Woman of the Moment
These are the final photos of the current Woman of the Moment. I don’t know the dates of these photos but I believe that were taken after the Speed Options feature. The photos came from Aiko Tanaka’s web site.


Have you ever noticed that most women always look great in red?

Dissertation
I did some work on my dissertation today. I am adding a new section to my Chapter 2. I think this new section will be three or four pages long. This is not going to be a difficult section to write.

My real challenge will be this weekend when I start to revise the entire chapter. I made the mistake of writing some of the chapter in the present tense. I have to go back and put everything in the past tense. That means I will be rewriting whole sentences. I am not looking forward to the job but it must be done.

When I finish the revision, I am going to send part of the chapter into my Chair and see if I am on the right track or not. The preview comments will save me a lot of work later on.

My Friend Sharon

I think I finished a PowerPoint revision project for my friend Sharon today.

She is making a new business proposal and wanted help with her PowerPoint. The original presentation was only six slides long. The current version is now 24 slides long. I took what she had put together and organized it better.

The presentation slides now all have the same fonts when before there was no font consistency. The slides are not crowded and jumbled together. There were some points with asterisks beside the text but there was no connection anywhere else in the presentation with the asterisks. She will say that she would have done that when she made the final proof reading.

Oh well, life goes on and it is what it is.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home