Thursday, September 07, 2006

Poor Richard Said It Best - Weekend Preview

Poor Richard said it best
Poor Richard, also known as Benjamin Franklin, said a fool and her money are soon parted.

This is a photo of Mimi Monica Wong; for 61, she looks on the hot side. Too bad I could only find one photo off her. She seems to be a candidate for Fool of the Year. Mimi works for the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in Hong Kong where she manages the Asian private banking business for the bank and is very successful at what she does.



Might have been a good Woman of the Moment.

Why is she here under this caption?

For the last eight years, she paid around USD$15 million for dancing to learn how to dance the tango, salsa, and other South American dances. According to the press reports, it is common for wealthy, middle aged, Chinese women in Hong Kong to sign up for dance lessons. Don’t ask me why. Maybe they are bored.

So now, you are asking how do I know all of these sordid bits of information. It seems one of her teachers spoke, without engaging his mind, and blurted out in a loud voice to a group of her friends that she “danced like a lazy cow.”

I’m a city guy and have been all of my life so I’ve never seen a cow dance but I can imagine how ungodly awful that might be. It should come as no surprise to anyone that Mimi was unhappy with the less than kind comments. She sued and won all of her money back; whether she can collect is another story.

Hell, for USD$15 million, I’d say she dances better than Ginger Rodgers who was Fred Astaire’s famous partner. I’d be willing to let her walk on my toes any day of the week; she could pay for bandages and a nice nurse to apply them while I recovered.

Oh well, I hope she has better luck with her next dance partner.

Kind of makes you wonder about the quality of the advice she passes out to her clients doesn’t it.

Woman of the Moment
I was thinking about having Morgan Fairchild as the next Woman of the Moment. She is very well preserved for someone who is 56. But, I was disappointed with the photo selection I could find on Google Images. The photos were either pre-breast implants or recent photos that are not that kind to her.

I may rethink my decision and go with Yukie Nakama, a Japanese actress that I have been watching in a made for television movie that was cut down to a three part mini-series. The heavy handed editing doesn’t detract from her attractiveness. I was also aided by stumbling across a fan web site that had 188 recent photos of her to choose from. Of course, many of the photos were in bikinis so that will dominate her period as Woman of the Moment. This is Yukie Nakama.



Excellent.

Anyway and back to K T So. I hope you enjoy tonight’s images.






Weekend Preview
Doug will be out tomorrow to my place around Noon; we’ll probably have lunch somewhere.

His G5 is still in the shop with a bad fan motor. He wants to use my personal computer to finish up a paper for one of his classes. He sent me the first half of the paper so it is available here with my comments attached to it.

I will have to listen to him complain about having to use an IBM machine. I suppose that comes from being a Dad.

Our Saturday dinner at the churrascarria is still on. A churrascarria is a Brazilian bar-be-que restaurant that features an all you can eat formula where the meat is cut from racks at your table. We are all looking forward to the dinner. What’s not too like about all you can eat beef and pork and lamb and chicken and a salad bar?

Lettuce fills your stomach up to quickly and you eat less meat maybe.

Of course, there will be time to work on the dissertation. This is not fun. It is work and I hope to write between five and ten pages before the weekend is over.


That’s about it for my weekend. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home