Thursday, August 24, 2006

Weekend Preview

Adam Corolla was wrong about nurses
This morning on the Adam Corolla Show, here in Los Angeles, Corolla was talking about how fat nurses are and then offered canned and really cheesy explanations for their weight conditions.

I think Corolla owes the nursing profession an apology. As usual, with his limited exposure to life and a general inability to face life [couldn’t cut his children’s umbilical cords], he was off base. Nurses, or at least the ones I have know and I do not claim to know all of the nurses, have a really crummy job.

It is not easy to be with a nurse who has spent all day working with the sick and the dying. I can remember one night that Nurse Joyce and I were supposed to go to a fraternity party. Joyce had spent her day shift with a dying child who ended up passing on when she was with the child. That was not the time for fun and games; I ended up spending the night holding on to Joyce. It seemed like the right thing to do.

But back to Joyce and overweight nurses.

Joyce was what we would call really thin or even borderline anorexic today. Even if she was on the thin side, she could fill every corner of her ski pants so well that I could tell if she was carrying nickels, quarters, or dimes in her hip pocket.

Nurse Becky, being a Latina, was more like a Salma Hayek figure type of nurse. I don’t think there are many men that I know who would consider Salma Hayek as being fat. She could certainly park herself next to me on any day and I would be more than grateful.

So, the moral to this rant is to be nice to nurses because you never know when they may be asked to save you.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me this morning before 8:00 AM. I was surprised that she was up that early and I was also surprised that she would have a need to speak to me because we exchanged five or six emails last night. It was an interesting conversation.

“Reinhardt, are you at work now?”

“Yes.”

“Good. I want to ask you a question.”

“Oh, I thought you were calling to say, ‘I love you’.”

Slight pause.

“I love you,” and then she went on with her questions without missing a beat. In the end, I agreed to help her on her next little project. I don’t think my time will be more than an hour and I probably have that much time to spend on her in my schedule.

Woman of the Moment
I believe these photos are from the 2001 Speed Option feature.







Weekend Preview
Another slim weekend for me.

Doug and I will meet up on Saturday to exchange six of my DVDs for him and his friend to use in their classes. I guess it is easier to watch a DVD at home instead of in the library. You can certainly be more comfortable and you can dress any way you want.

After the DVD exchange, we will visit the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers in Westminster for lunch.

Then, the rest of the weekend is going to be devoted to the dissertation, writing some emails, cleaning up my email inbox, cleaning up my hard drive, and maybe doing some cleaning around the house.

Obviously, I will have time on my hands.

I hope you all have a more exciting weekend than I will gentle readers. I will be back on Sunday with a Weekend Update that may include photos from lunch.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home