Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend Update

Weekend Update
This is going to be a short blog posting because I did not do very much this weekend.

I did try to call the Princess to see how the Las Vegas bachelorette party was; part of me wants to know and part of me says I shouldn’t go there and to not ask. She was out having fun I suppose when I phoned her.

Woman of the Moment
These photos are undated so your guess as to when taken in as good as mine. I trust that you are enjoying the photos. No one has complained about the current selection.


I think this is a more recent photo but I could be wrong.

The Old Job
The staff at the company where I have been working gave me a going away party on Friday. That was very nice of them and something that they did not have to do for me. We had donuts since I have been bringing in donuts on the first Friday of every month.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me on Friday. She wanted to talk to me about revising her resume and a cover letter. We also talked about a job she was well qualified for but the pay was lower than what she wants or needs.

I told her that sometimes you to have to make compromises in life.

Sharon encouraged me to sign up for a class on Microsoft Access. I suppose that I should but Access is a database program and computing is not one of my best areas. I will check out what is available locally. Maybe I can find an inexpensive class.

Doug
Doug and I went to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers for lunch on Saturday after I dropped off the six DVDs he wanted to borrow. Tommy’s serves the best chili cheeseburgers that we have ever tasted. That’s why we go there.

We would have gone to the main location in downtown Los Angeles if the weather had been cooler. It’s no fun to stand next to a hot car in a hot parking lot while you are eating and the temperature is around 95F / 34C and you are breathing auto exhaust on top of everything else.

Doug was telling me about his classes for the semester. They all seem pretty good and he is interested in them. This will be good for him. He did say that he has several former classmates in each of his classes so he has a known group of potential project partners and he can avoid any deadheads.

I was telling him that I had hit a streak of Chinese and South American women wanting to chat with me. He wondered why. I said there are two common reasons.

First, they want to practice English with a native speaker. Second, they want to meet a rich [by their standards], single, American that they can marry and then live in America and enjoy the benefits of United States citizenship. I discounted the idea that any of them think I am incredibly handsome and that they thought I was a movie star.

I told Doug that if I married a Chinese woman for example and she lived with me here for ten years, she could expect to receive around USD$1,000 a month for the rest of her life after I pass on to my final reward, whatever that is. USD$12,000 does not seem like much until you consider the Chinese per capita income is around USD$4,000 or less. She could return to China and live very nicely after I am gone.

Doug thought that was a slick deal. I said it is what it is.

Visitors
We had visitors from China [maybe a nice lady looking for a rich, single American], Australia, Canada [4], United Kingdom [4], Texas [4], Germany, and Sweden. Our visitor level passed last month’s total over the weekend. That was nice.

We also had some long time visitors. One visitor spent 19 minutes reading the blog. Another spent 23 minutes reading the blog.


Kind of a dull weekend wasn’t it? Maybe this week will be more interesting for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home