Thursday, September 14, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
This looks like it will be a very slow weekend for me, especially so when you compare it to last weekend when Doug was out on Friday for lunch at El Gringo and we had the churrascarria dinner on Saturday.

I have my dissertation to work on and that is always a challenge and it is something that I must finish.

There are some emails that I should send.

I should see how the Princess is doing after the wedding in Jamaica over the Labor Day weekend.

I finished the review and editing of Doug’s most recent paper this morning. It is a good paper and he should do well with it. Doing really in the class gets a student a perfect score on the paper and then the opportunity to make a presentation to the class. I’m not certain that’s a sound educational reward. I know I would not be thrilled to know that I would have to make a presentation in class as a result of doing well on a paper.

There is always laundry and cleaning to do and that is not very exciting.

Woman of the Moment
We do have a new Woman of the Moment, Yukie Nakama, a Japanese actress.





I first saw Yukie Nakama in a three part mini-series program called TRICK. It appears that TRICK was originally a 2002 Japanese made for television film that had been cut down for three, one hour episodes to fit the American time slot.

According to the Internet Move Database, Yukie Nakama has twenty two credits that are a combination of film and television work so far in her career.

The fan web site, where I found the bulk of the photos, had listed her as being 63 inches / 160 centimeters tall and measuring 32.3 – 23.6 – 34.6 inches / 82 – 60 – 88 centimeters. The fan web site did the conversion to inches. She will be 27 in October.

The primary reason for selecting her is that she smiles in her photos. That was important to me. I went back and looked at some of the other Women of the Moment and, for some of them, a smile seemed like it was the farthest idea from their minds. Aiko Tanaka did not smile in any of her Woman of the Moment photos for example. Of course, that may have been the photographer’s doing and not necessarily the model’s.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these photos.

I am open to other suggestions for the Woman of the Moment so you can nominate your candidate simply by posting a comment at the end of this blog.

My Friend Vivian the Credit Analyst
My friend Vivian the Credit Analyst, from where I used to work, is one of those rare, fascinating people that cross your path in life and change it forever. I would say that even if she was not an occasional reader of this blog and has laughed at some of me better jokes.

Being an independent, thoughtful, intelligent, and progressive young woman, she suggested that I included her version of the person of the moment. Vivian is also very attractive but you could see that without my aid. I can obviously tell she is happy and this is an excellent reason to post her photo version.



Airbags on Motorcycles
I read a news report this morning that said Honda and Yamaha were working on airbag technology for motorcycles. It also reported that Honda had produced a number of its Goldwing touring models with air bags in the 2006 model year.

Absolutely fascinating.

An airbag on a motorcycle must be outrageously expensive to install and add gobs of money to the price of the bike. The airbag equipped model starts at USD$24,000 and goes up from their.



That’s more than a 2006 Honda Accord Coupe EX with automatic transmission that starts around USD$22,500. It also comes with a steel cage that surrounds the driver and passenger.



The whole idea of an airbag on a motorcycle seems strange to me. I can see it with a car since the driver and passenger usually remain within the vehicle in the event of a crash. It seems to me that a motorcycle rider is very unlikely to remain on the motorcycle in the event of an accident.

I can remember my high school Physics and the laws of motion and kinetic energy about a body in motion will want to stay in motion or fly over the handle bar. I can also remember being in a motor cycle accident when I was much, much younger. I stayed with the motorcycle in the accident but that was only because it was on top of my leg and my leg was still attached to me.

This all makes me wonder if I will live to see Harley Davidson offering air bags on their motorcycles like this one.



Naaaa, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home