Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Day After

The Day After
It was a quiet day for me; this being the day after the Princess and the Boy Friend went back to Atlanta and Winter. I believe that they got an early morning wake up when they landed around 5:30 AM in Atlanta. I know it was cold for them as they stepped off the plane after being in comparatively warm Los Angeles for a week.

The Princess asked me to mail a package for her when she arrived at my house last night. I went to the post office this morning and I had expected it to be crowded for some reason. The post office crowds seem to have departed for now. I was in and out in a couple of minutes.

Weather
It rained in Los Angeles late last night and early this morning. I am told that there was thunder and lightening. I slept through the rain and thunder. I did notice the ground was wet when I went out this morning so it did rain.

One of the benefits of rain in Southern California is the air is cleaner. It is also very windy today. I was driving the Pathfinder and I could feel the wind pushing on the sides of the truck. I had thought about taking a photo of the area but the clouds were covering the mountains and partially hiding downtown Los Angeles so there wasn’t all that much to see.

The winds brought a bad hair day for me. My hair was a mess when I was outside this morning. I do not mind bad hair days because I have an almost full head of hair and that is so much better than a simple ring of dark hair that goes around my ears or a patch of hair at the back of my head that is long and then combed forward to cover the bald patches.

My nicely swept balcony is also a temporary thing of the past now. It is covered with leaves and small branches. I won’t bother to sweep again until after the storm has blown itself out in a day or so.

Carbon Dating Myself
I can remember when the Los Angeles City Hall was the tallest building in Southern California.

My Brother
I know my brother had a White Christmas. He and his family are spending part of Christmas in Colorado; assuming, of course, they were able to fly into Denver from San Francisco.

The local weather news reader said that there was another major snow storm headed for Denver. The new storm could drop up to two feet / sixty centimeters of fresh snow. The storm was leaving Northern California late today and may be in Colorado by Friday. I hope he is not stuck in Denver in the snow.

Food for Thought
“A kind word can warm three months of winter.” Japanese proverb.

Woman of the Moment
It is time for a new Woman of the Moment. She is Kyoko Hasegawa. I first saw Kyoko Hasegawa in a Japanese weekly drama over the Summer. She played a confused and idealistic school teacher in the series Dragon Zakura.

At the time, I did know her name since I do not read Kanji.

I saw her in a new weekly Japanese drama series as the leading actress in a program called Delicious Proposal. She plays a chef in an Italian restaurant in Tokyo. Her company is acquired by another Japanese company that plans to shut the restaurant. The son of the new company’s owner and the chef appear to be falling in love with each other in spite of their outward dislike for the opposite. It is sort of like Romeo and Juliet meets Pygmalion.

Saeko, don’t ask me why she uses only one name, plays the bad actress as a spoiled celebutante, sort of an Asian version of Paris Hilton. Saeko also was in Dragon Zakura.

Moving on to the statistics, Kyoko is 28, having been born on July 22, 1978. She is 65 inches / 166 centimeters tall and measures 31 – 22 – 32 or 80 – 55 – 82.




Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home