Thursday, December 21, 2006

Weekend Preview - December 21st

Weekend Preview
This is the long Christmas Weekend for me, my family, my friends, and many others throughout the world.

It also means that the next posting will probably be December 26th. I am undecided about putting a posting up on Sunday the 24th. I know that I will be too tired to put a posting on Christmas Day after spending several hours cooking and serving and cleaning up.

I finished the last of my Christmas gift shopping today. That felt good so now I do not have to brave the malls at the very last minute. Tomorrow, I will pick up the last of the food for Christmas Dinner. I just need some rolls and milk.

Tonight, I will send out my email Christmas card to my friends who haven’t shared their snail mail addresses with me. This is something to do tonight since it will be the 23rd when some of my friends in China receive it and I want to make sure they have before they leave for a long weekend.

Doug and I talked at lunch yesterday about the trip to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers on Saturday. The original plans were for the four of us [Princess, boy friend, Doug, and me] to go to the first Tommy’s at Rampart and Beverly and stand in the cold parking lot and eat our chili cheese burgers and chili cheese fries.

Doug felt the Tommy’s ambiance might get lost on the Princess and the boy friend. I tended to agree with his proposal that we instead go to the one in Westminster and eat of meals inside. This made more sense since the Princess wants to visit her friend from graduate school on Saturday afternoon. I could understand the Princess wanting to see her friend but that left Doug and me hanging on the outside.

If we go to the Tommy’s in Westminster, I can meet the three of them and then drop Doug off at his home in the South O.C. while The Princess and boy friend can go on to see her friend. Since I will be in the South O.C., I can watch a showing of CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER on my way back to the Beach.

Our Utes will be playing [American] football on Saturday so I need to fit their game into my schedule. The University of Utah will be playing Tulsa in the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, Texas. The last time I checked, our Utes were favored by I think seven points.

Indulgence
I did manage to indulge myself today. I bought myself some poultry scissors this morning. They look like they will be able to cut the turkey leg joint and tendons rather easily. I had been frustrated for years over the mess that became the turkey leg when I attempted to cut it off for Doug’s meal on Thanksgiving and Christmas. But, from now on, I will no longer be frustrated.

The scissors are high carbon, stainless steel and have nice, heavy feel to them. They are made in Japan for change and not China. The scissors are more like a Swiss Knife version of scissors; they have screw driver blade in each handle, a bottle opener, nut cracker, and a bottle opener.

I am looking forward to cooking and carving the turkey on Christmas now.

Woman of the Moment
It’s Christmas time so why not have three photos of our Woman of the Moment.




Gentle Readers
Merry Christmas gentle readers. May the spirit of the season reach each and every one of you and your families. I wish you all of the blessing of the holiday.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home