Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh happy day!

Oh happy day
I had a great start to my day today.

I had to swing past my credit union to pick up some money. I usually go straight to the drive-up ATM and get my cash there. The ATM was broken so I had to go inside to get my cash. The teller remarked that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight.

That was sweet. So was the piece of dark chocolate candy I took with me.

Today was Christmas shopping for me. I managed to get all but one gift purchased today. I will knock the last one out tomorrow along with putting up my small artificial tree. I may post a photo of the tree if it looks nice.

I noticed that piercings seem to have become an important part of young women’s dress. One of the store clerks who helped me today had her lower lip pierced. The stud was about midway between her lip and the bottom of her jaw. If I was her boy friend, I would feel apprehensive about kissing her good night.

As I wandered through the mall, I noticed more and more young women were opting for multiple facial piercings. I saw one clerk, she was helping someone else, who had piercings in her nose, lower lip, and her tongue. I was taken back by this. I wonder if these young women have any tattoos.

Programming Note
There may not be a blog posting tomorrow night because the Princess and the boy friend are flying into Los Angeles and Dad, that would be me, is picking them up. If I can’t get a regular posting up, I will put up a Best of the Women of the Moment feature. I will be the first to admit that a Best of the Women of the Moment is far cry from my usual droll commentary.

Woman of the Moment
The new woman of the Moment is Kandyce Marie. Kandyce appeared in the August 2005 Speed Options Model of the Moment feature. According to Speed Options, Kandyce is 67 inches / 170 centimeters tall and measures 34C – 23 – 35 or 86 – 58 – 89. She has a web site, http://www.kandycemarie.com, but it appears to be out of service.

I have no idea how old Kandyce Marie is. Is knowing her age all that important in the grand scheme of things anyway?



I wonder what Sony was thinking?
I wonder what Sony was thinking when they approved a promotional insert in Sunday’s paper that featured the young golfer Michelle Wie. I think Sony was smart to use her to catch attention to their advertisement. Ms Wie was dressed in very attractive red outfits which seemed logical for this time of the year.

What I didn’t understand was why Sony allowed the art work to go to press with her finger nails being painted black or some other dark color. I just don’t see black finger nails at Christmas time when you are wear red a dress.

Black nails look fine in this photo from Forbes Magazine.


Maybe I’m getting too old for the younger generation’s choices. If I get ambitious, I will try to scan the photo from the advertisement in the next day or so.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home