Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Moment of Truth

The Moment of Truth
Today was the moment of truth for Time Warner Cable.

As it turned out, TWC lucked out. My trouble resolved itself sometime yesterday after I posted my blog. I turned the television on to see a daily [Monday – Friday] half hour Korean soap opera drama. I can suffer through the crummy visuals for part of the show. It is too bad for anything more than a half hour show.

I turned on the television and everything was clear and the ghosts and demons from last week were gone. I wonder when the change or repair happened. It would have been nice to know if TWC did something to fix the problem.

While I don’t have a definitive answer, I would guess the problem was caused by radio interference somewhere either in the building or in the car park below me.

I had to call TWC to cancel the service call. For some reason, this required that I speak with someone. I was connected to a live operator almost immediately.

Strange.

She was happy to cancel the service call. Then she went into a sales speech that said I could add a feature and lower my monthly bill. Granted my savings will not be large by any measure, less than a month’s charges for a year’s worth of the new service savings.

I was furious at the idea of having to request them lower my billing rate. If the sales operator had not tried to get me to buy a new service, I doubt good old TWC would have ever contacted me and said I could lower my monthly charge.

I was proud of myself for not exploding. That took strength and self control and I amazed myself that I could remain calm at all times.

So, at the end of the day, when I head off to bed tonight. TWC will still be the lying miserable snake in the grass. For the record, we are now at the Day Four and the six hour mark of the phone call that I was promised for last Friday afternoon.

My Name
A friend of mine sent me an email that had a link to a web site called http://www.howmanyofme.com. It is has a simple feature that will tell you how many people in the United States have the same name as you.

Curious, I typed my name in and found out that Reinhardt is the 3,013th most popular name in the States. There are 12,209 Reinhardts according to the site which gets its information from the United States Census Bureau.

Some much for being unique.

There are 92 with the same name as me. There are only 22 with the same name as Doug, only 20 have the same name as the Princess, 14 have the same name as my ex-wife, and only 1 other person has the same name as my brother.

Major ego blow for your humble scribe.

Woman of the Moment
The Woman of the Moment is always a great way to change the subject and relax at the same time.



Carbon Dating Myself
I can remember black and white television sets with no remote controls.

I have one and it still works. The only problem is the screen is really small so I don’t watch it very much anymore.


Be well and stay happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home