Monday, November 27, 2006

Rainy Monday

Rainy Monday
I know most of you wouldn’t consider what we call rain as being worthy of mention. For those of us who live on the edge of a desert, a little rain is a big deal. I think the total rainfall from the storm was maybe a quarter of an inch / half of a centimeter. The storm came in while I was sleeping and ended in the early morning hours.

We make a big deal about rain. The local television stations were on ‘storm alert’ which is a fancy term for saying we’ve pushed a bunch of junior reporters out into the cold and damp and wind in the pre-dawn hours. Then, they give us images of rain falling from the sky and clouds overhead.

Oh, the humanity of it all!

Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor reporters because they are usually the young attractive ones. They end up bundled up in parkas or is it a burka. Anyway, they aren’t as nice to look at then.

Woman of the Moment
This is the last of Joyce Lex photos. These photos came from the Speed Options model web site. I hope you enjoyed Joyce as the Woman of the Moment.




Jury Duty
Your humble scribe got lucky today and did not have to report to the courthouse. That’s one day down and four to go for me. I will dial in again tonight and see what will happen for tomorrow.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment

Actually, this posting should have gone up in the Weekend Update from yesterday. Vivian sent me the new man’s name but I didn’t get around to pulling up his photo until yesterday. The W-U was long enough so I decided to hold it over until Monday because Mondays are always light days for the blog.

Vivian picked Michael Schoeffling in a sentimental, nostalgic mood.


“I am going to have to revert to my favorite sweet 16 love, “Jake Ryan.” While I'm sure his real counterpart, Michael Schoeffling is a great guy, I prefer the imaginary Jake Ryan who in my mind, didn't grow up to have two kids and make custom furniture in Pennsylvania. I watched “Sixteen Candles’ again on Friday night and it only brought back memories of Where's My Jake Ryan?”

Sound reasoning Vivian.

Doug
I talked to Doug today and we agreed that we should take the Princess’s Boy Friend to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers when he is here in December for the holidays. The Boy Friend is from Atlanta and therefore has never had the true opportunity to enjoy a Tommy’s Mega Combo meal.

I sent an email off to the Princess about the Tommy’s lunch. I wonder what she will say?

Thanksgiving Turkey
I finished off the last of the Thanksgiving turkey today. I was surprised that it had lasted as long as it did. The turkey managed to stay moist and tender until today; maybe it could have lasted longer if I had cooked a larger turkey.

I will be ready for another turkey dinner on Christmas Day when the family comes over to my house.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home