Thursday, November 30, 2006

Weekend Preview - November 30th

Weekend Preview
I don’t have to agonize over getting stuck on a jury tomorrow and possibly ruining most of next week.

I got called to report today. The court system has a one day – one trial policy, whichever comes first. There were no calls for a jury today so we were sent home at 2:00PM after a two hour lunch. That was nice; I came home for lunch.

Mostly, jury duty was sitting and waiting.

I was well prepared. Today’s sudoku was rated as Tough. That took some time to complete. I did manage to finish it and that is nice. Then, I started reading my latest book about Abraham Lincoln’s cabinet. I read about which was more than I thought I would be able to get in this morning.

All in all, today was not too bad.

Time Warner Cable
It’s Day Two without my cable service.

I was talking to my brother and the conversation drifted around to the fact that I don’t have any cable service for a while more. He thought that situation sucked; he couldn’t imagine being without television as part of his life.

I was talking to my friend Sharon this morning. I had time to kill while I waited for the jury service to get organized. She felt sorry for me.

I felt sorry for myself.

As luck would have it today, I got invited to participate in an online survey that evaluated Time Warner Cable. It compared TWC to Verizon.

Anyone care to guess what my marks were for TWC?

That’s right sports and cable television service fans. TWC got all adverse marks. I was disappointed with my answer selections. I had hoped the survey would include a response along the lines of “no way in hell” or “hell will freeze over first.”

I did see part of the daily Korean soap opera that I have been watching for the last few months. I left the television turned off until the program came on so I was able to see maybe 2/3 of the program with come clarity.

El Gringo
Valerie was back at El Gringo from her Thanksgiving weekend.

Her hand wasn’t broken after all. It turned out that she had a bad sprain. Nice. Valerie was much better last night and happier.

I had a Number 2 Combination with two beef soft tacos, rice, and beans. I have noticed that there is a difference in how the food comes out of the kitchen depending on who is cooking. Last night’s tacos were on the not so swell side when the last time I had beef tacos, they were very tasty.

Woman of the Moment
The big problem with the Speed Options model web site feature was the photos weren’t very organized. Some photos, like Oksana in a black bikini were scattered all over the site. I didn’t want to go through the trouble of renumbering thirty two images so now I have to hunt for them when I want to use them together. I think these photos be long together.






I hope you all have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Sunday with the Weekend Update. Of course, there will be a Weekend Bonus Feature for those who want to visit before Sunday.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home