Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blindingly Clear Sunny Day

Blindingly Clear Sunny Day
It was a blindingly clear, sunny day this morning. There were no clouds in the sky at all. It was sun in my eyes on the drive to the school. The skies were clear because we had some strong breezes and rain overnight that cleared the stuff out of the sky and allowed to the sun to shine through.

Woman of the Moment
I thought that I would put the Woman of the Moment up in the front again today. The idea came to me as I passed under a bridge on my way to school this morning.



Job Searching and Interviewing
I got an email from the chairman of the board of directors at a credit union where I had applied to become their president. They wanted to know if I was still interested in the job and gave me some dates that wanted to schedule an in-person interview. I replied and said that I was and picked out a day for an interview. The interview will be in two weeks. This was a nice way to start my evening.

School Teaching
I finished the term today. I completed my grade books and I had all of my students pass the classes. I will admit to making some last minutes adjustments to a couple of student’s class participation grades to allow them to pass with the lowest possible passing grade.

That made me feel good; it also made my department chair feel good.

There was a minor amount of excitement at school today for me and for one of my students.

One of my students was dropped by the attendance software as a result of an error. I had to scramble around and get her readmitted to the class and then re-enter all of her grades for the course. I ended up staying at school for an extra two hours to get my student’s situation fixed.

I felt very good about that. It was a nice way to end the day.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo for my dinner tonight, expecting to see Valerie the Server there.

Instead of Valerie, I had a new server. Lindsey was the new server. Lindsey said that Valerie was now working on Taco Tuesday and Saturday nights.

I don’t know if I will convert to going to El Gringo on Tuesday nights to see Valerie or stay with Lindsey on Wednesdays. Right now, I am leaning towards alternating Tuesday and Wednesday nights each week. That would allow me an opportunity to see both on a semi-regular basis.

Decisions, decisions.


That was my day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home