Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Make Up Tuesday

Make Up Tuesday
Today is Make Up Tuesday to recover from the missing blog posting that was due on Monday. I had a sugar low and took a nap. The nap sucked up my time for writing the blog.

Woman of the Moment
I decided to move the Woman of the Moment up to a more prominent location today. I thought this would save some time for those readers who just like to come here for this feature.





DAE JO YOUNG
Of course, Dae Jo Young survived and escaped being trapped in the fort with one other warrior as he faced a large nomad army from a week ago. It was obvious he would escape and survive because the series would have crashed without him.

I did miss something from going to the Douguary Dinner. There are some minor gaps in the story line but I think I will be able to figure them out over time.

Just as I predicted, the young general managed to score one easy victory over the invading Chinese army by use of trickery to create an ambush before falling victim to the better lead Chinese army. Unfortunately, the young general failed to listen to his seasoned commanders and underestimated the enemy. He blundered into the same ambush he used against the Chinese and died along with over 30,000 of his warriors at the Battle of the Yalu in 661 AD. He lost as many men as Publius Quintillius Varus did in the Teutoburg Forest in 7 AD.

His death means that the only man that Korean king’s niece will marry will be Dae Jo Young because he will be the man to save the country and defeat the Chinese army.

Dae Jo Young has taken on an informal leadership role in the fight against the Chinese invaders. In Sunday’s episode, it appears as if he has been instrumental in organizing the Korean resistance movement when a group of Korean guards killed the Chinese soldiers in the town so Dae and the garrison from the small fort can escape.

One of the citizens gave Dae a map of the Chinese supply depots. The next episodes will probably deal with the destruction of the supply depots. This would be a serious blow against the Chinese because they will be an army a long way from home without any supplies. Living off the captured land is not much of an option since most of the food and other militarily valuable supplies have apparently been taken south in advance of the Chinese army.

Going without much food is bad for morale for any army unless it is lead by a charismatic leader like Henry V., Robert E. Lee, or Thomas J. Jackson. Without full rations, the Chinese army is fundamentally weakened and has a limited ability to maneuver and fight. It also becomes subject to attacks by partisan groups when they send out foraging parties.

BAD LUCK BRIDE
This is a satisfactory program for me. The plot line is not as compelling as some of the other limited series programs. I think I will continue to watch it but I doubt that I will comment on the program much.

Furniture Shopping
I went to the two local branches of two large, national furniture chains this morning since I did not have any lesson plans to prepare for school this week. The first one I visited was a waste of time since they did not have what I was looking for. But, since I was in and out in less than five minutes, I don’t think I wasted too much time.

The other store did not have what I was looking for but they did have a salesman who was very helpful and gave me a couple of good ideas on where to go for the furniture. I know that I will go back to him first for any future furniture purchase that I may have.

Job Searching and Interviewing
It has been a mixed bag for job searching and interviewing so far this week for me.

On Monday, I got a call from a recruiter that I had met with about two weeks ago. She and her boss were very pleased with my background and felt that I was an ideal candidate for the position. She called to say the client had decided to hire someone who was already in the position. This made no sense since the client was not offering all that much more for someone who was established in a similar position at another company. I suppose maybe they value working for their company is worth a lot more than I do.

Work is work and always will be.

This morning, another recruiter called me. We had talked maybe two and a half weeks ago about a position in Central California. She had thought I was perfect for the position. Her client had finally gotten back to her and wanted to schedule a telephone interview with me for next week.

I like the idea of a telephone interview since the drive to the work location is about three hours or so long. It could be longer depending on weather and traffic.

All in all, this was a nice way to start the week.

Douguary Dinner
I am only going to show you photos of my dinner. I had a salad, a small steak with potatos, and the Morton’s Godiva Chocolate cake for dessert. Amy the server brought me some extra ice cream because she knows I love ice cream; even in the Winter when it is cold. Amy also picked out my single malt Scotch whisky for me.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home