Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bad Hair Day

Bad Hair Day
Today was a bad hair day for me.

Actually, it was very windy here today so the wind was blowing my hair all over the place. Having your hair messed up by the wind is kind of good thing for me because it means I have hair on my head. I don’t have a Donald Trump-like comb over to worry about.

Life is good.

Wind and Rain
I think it might rain tonight or early tomorrow morning. Rain would be good because we are seriously short of rain so far this year. Rain would also be good because it would leave clouds in the sky in the morning. That would make my drive to school tomorrow something less of a challenge; I won’t have to be driving into the bright, rising sun.

The winds have blown any thought of a cloud out of the local sky right now. I had to run out to Giuliano’s to pick up some dessert tonight. The sun was extremely bright and I was very thankful for my Bausch & Lomb sunglasses. I worry about the other drivers who don’t use sunglasses.

I have been wearing Bausch & Lomb aviator style sunglasses since I was a young Ensign on the good ship USS Leonard F. Mason. You have no idea how bright the sun can be until you have been in middle of the Pacific Ocean at noon on a cloudless day.

That, gentle readers, is painfully bright.

I caught the nightly weather news reader’s presentation of tomorrow’s weather. It looks like I missed getting wet as the storm went through the area without dropping much more than a few isolated drops at the beach. It also seems likely that it will be sunny in the morning for my drive to school. Fortunately for me, I also have a late class tomorrow and on Thursday so there is no sun when I will drive home around 9:30 PM.

Looking ahead, the forecast is calling for temperatures to be around 80F / 27C by Friday.

Sweet weekend and time to break out the shorts maybe.

Sleep
I really slept well last night and I felt wonderful today.

Of course, I slept well. The night before I only picked up five or so hours of sleep. I had absolutely no trouble falling asleep. I think I was off in slumber land almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Today, I am rested and alert and I don’t have too much to say today.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a kind of job interview this morning.

A recruiting firm contacted me for a position that they had been hired to fill by a large credit union. They felt I was an ideal match for what their client was looking for. This was not a true interview but more like “does Chuck know how to dress for a senior corporate level position and can he communicate properly?” interview.

Almost all of the questions were soft ones like what type of a management style or philosophy do I work best in?

I think I did well in the visual interview. I had worn one of my suits with a white shirt and conservative tie. I naturally wore my polished wing tip shoes. I felt like I made the proper impression. It remains to be seen if I will get a chance to talk to the client credit union.

Woman of the Moment
I think tonight should be Gong Li. It seems like I have a 50% chance of being right with this selection.




Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home