Monday, March 19, 2007

Fixing the Prelude

Fixing the Prelude
I heard a nasty noise that sounded like metal grinding on metal when I went to drive the Prelude on Sunday. I was going to drive it to El Gringo. I left the Prelude in the car park and took the Pathfinder to dinner.

I took the Prelude into the local Honda dealership to have them check the car out. I had a nasty fear that the left front wheel fly off while I was driving it at freeway speeds.


It turns out that I have two pipes in the exhaust system that need to be replaced. The grinding noise I heard was the pipes rattling about. This was a nice surprise. The pipes were also the source of an exhaust like smell in the passenger compartment. My mileage may improve with the exhaust system properly functioning. It is also a milestone. As far as I can remember, this is the first time I have made a major, non-maintenance related repair for the Prelude.

Right now, I am thinking about having the transmission replaced in April. That will be a week long process and run me around USD$2,000 more or less. Fixing the transmission will allow me to run the Prelude for another few years until it hits 400,000 miles / 644,000 kilometers. I should reach that mileage / kilometerage level in a couple of years.

Woman of the Moment
Tonight, we say, “Good bye,” to Vivian Hsu as our Woman of the Moment. I have a new Speed Options model for tomorrow night. Vivian may be back as part of a Best of the Woman of the Moment for 2007 feature.






Odds and Ends
Mondays are always let downs from a big Weekend Update blog posting.

This is a possible programming note. I may be teaching a class tomorrow night. I won’t know until I get to school tomorrow morning. In the event that I am teaching, I will not be posting a blog on Tuesday night.


Be well and stay happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Car maintenance can always be costly. i'm replacing my exhaust system by next week and heard about walker exhaust. i think i'm gonna make some research on this brand before replacing the parts.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home