Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday and Half Way to the Weekend

Wednesday and Half Way to the Weekend
It is half way to the weekend and that is good for the most part and for most people.

I am not so sure that I should be so happy that it is now halfway to the weekend. I still have not touched my new textbooks and I have not created a single lesson plan for my classes that start on Monday. I will make an effort to get organized with the lesson plan creation before the end of the week.

My friend Amber and I are going to do something on Sunday. I am supposed to come up with the creative ideas. I asked Doug if he had any suggestions. He drew a blank. He said, “Dad, you know her and I don’t so my ideas might not work.”

Good point.

And no help for me.

I do have some ideas about what to do. I think I will see how Amber feels about my tentative plans. No sense suggesting something that she isn’t going to like or want to do.

My Friend Amber
My friend Amber sent me a bunch of photos of her in an email last night. This was more than I was expecting.

One of these days, I will have to ask her if I can put a photo of her in the blog like I do with my friend Vivian. Knowing Amber, she will probably say no because none of the photos are any good and that she is not photogenic.

Oh well.

Actually, I wasn’t expecting any photos from her so this was beyond my wildest expectations. It was also a very nice way to end the evening.

Fire in the Park
Another friend of mine sent me a photo that was taken last Sunday when there was a fire in the park next to my building. Almost all of the trees in the park are either pine trees that drop needles or eucalyptus trees that drop bark and leaves. Dried leaves and needles and bark make excellent fuel for a brush or forest fire as the photo clearly shows.


The park was still closed today. I guess the damage must have been greater than I thought it was.

I am glad the fire happened during the Winter when the park is not as crowded. Things could have been worse if the fire happened in the Summer when the park is usually full with families and small children.

Woman of the Moment
I almost forgot to include the daily Woman of the Moment feature. I must have had a senior moment today. This is so unlike me.




Job Searching and Interviewing
I had my telephone interview this morning for a position as head of lending for a Southern California credit union. It lasted almost an hour.

This was one of those interviews where the interviewers have a canned set of questions that they will ask everyone. I guess they were trying to build a standard evaluation criteria database. Some of the questions were not really well posed and could have been answered in a number of ways. I had to ask for clarification more than once.

On balance, I think the phone interview went well. One never knows how these things will work out until the company asks you to come in for an in-person interview. An in-person interview with this company is an all day event. The company is about 180 miles / 290 kilometers away. That is three hours behind the wheel at least each way and then when you add in an hour or more for an interview, you have used up the whole day.

I don’t expect to hear how things went with the credit union until sometime next week.

One of the other recruiters at another search firm called me this morning to set up a second telephone interview with me for this afternoon. This second job is more interesting to me since it is in Orange County and one that would not require a relocation.

This call was shorter and only lasted forty five minutes. The senior recruiter wanted to clarify some information. She needed to have some additional material about my background in lending so she could do a better job of selling me to the client bank.

That seemed reasonable. I don’t expect to hear from the client until the first of the week or so. That is assuming that they will want to talk with me.

Next Pussycat Doll
Doug wanted to watch the new reality show / search for the next Pussycat Doll on television last night. Rather than reinvent the blog, you can go to http://skeetonmischa.blogspot.com and read his comments about the show in his March 7th posting, Dudesville.

I am afraid that he will suck me into watching this show. I got sucked into the next white rapper search when he started staying overnight at my house so he could go to his internships easier.

I guess the good thing about the program is that it is over at 10:00 PM so I can still get a good night’s sleep and watch the show. Doug will be staying with me after the show finishes its remaining nine weeks of episodes.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home