Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nicked Window

Nicked Windows
No, I don’t mean some less than perfect product from the folks at Redmond, Washington.

I had to go out to school today to turn in my responses to the student evaluations. This was so depressing for me. Two of my classes had me ranked as the second worst teacher in the school. I know that I am not that bad of a teacher and I know that I do a very good job of teaching and helping the students learn.

Still, it is very depressing.

Right now, I am leaning towards giving up teaching at the school. If the students don’t think I am a good teacher, then they deserve what they get when I am replaced by some one with less experience and less education.

Maybe I should continue to teach but at a better school. I would define a better school as being one where the students come to class on time, are prepared to discuss the day’s assignments, and is accredited by one of the major academic accreditation agencies.

Anyway and back to the point.

I was driving the Prelude and the front window got hit with some object and it left a small crack at the top of the window near the rear view mirror bracket. I only saw the object for a fraction of a second before it hit the window. There was no chance to avoid it and, even if I had seen it in time, avoiding the object would have been difficult on a semi-crowded freeway.

So, now I have a small crack in the front window. I can still drive the car. I guess I will replace the window sometime this Summer or Fall.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I phoned the recruiter who called me yesterday.

The recruiter is looking for someone who can be a chief credit officer and a commercial lender who can build a business lending program from scratch for a large Southern California credit union. He thought I would be perfect for the position as did the recruiter that I have dealt regularly with at the firm.

We talked about the position and the recruiter is going to see about my candidacy. I guess I will wait and see what develops.

When I was home and after lunch, I got a phone call from another recruiter is Salt Lake City. I had not talked to him in maybe four months. He wanted to know if I was available and if I was interested in a position at a large credit union in Southern California as a vice president of business lending and to set up the program from scratch.

I said I was available and I was interested. We talked about the job briefly. It was one that another recruiter had felt I was perfect for the position. The client declined to interview me and told the recruiter that they “wanted to hire someone who was already in a similar position at another credit union.”

I will wait and see what develops with the second credit union.

It is fascinating for me to have two recruiters, working for different clients, to be interested in me as an ideal candidate for the position.

Woman of the Moment
We might as well end the blog with the Woman of the Moment, Giselle Windecher. Most of the photos of Giselle are ones where she is wearing a bikini or a similar type of garment. I was able to find only a couple of photos of her with her clothes on; like the one in the blog side bar.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home