Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday was Tuesday

Tuesday was Tuesday
Surprise, surprise, Tuesday was Tuesday today.

I don’t have a My Amber Alert report for today. We didn’t talk last night so life goes on for both of us.

I did go to school because I had a class to teach. My Microeconomics class is now down to eight students; one dropped between last week and today. All of my students showed up and I think we had a good class session. Microeconomics is a difficult class and it is a required course. I am told that it is not uncommon to see a student fail and then repeat the course. I told my students that I am working hard to see that they pass so I won’t feel hurt if they repeat the course with me and they don’t laugh at my standard jokes.

The decision to have me teach a fourth class is still on hold as of this afternoon. The school wants to give the new instructor one more chance to show up for class on time and present a lecture and discussion. This is fine with me. Of course, I would like to teach another class because the pay is nice to have.

I am fairly confident that I made the desired impression with the administration as being a team player and one who will fill in an emergency. Maybe I should call myself Eric Gagne, the former great relief pitcher of the Los Angeles Dodgers or Frankie Rodriguez, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s star relief pitcher.

A new recruiter from a search firm that I had dealt with called me this morning. He had spoken to my primary contact at the firm and wanted to talk to me about a position they were looking to fill.

Unfortunately, he called me when I was on the freeway driving home from school today. I make it a practice to not take cell phone calls when I am driving unless my speed is below five miles an hour / eight kilometers an hour. The freeway traffic was light and I was driving at the speed limit of 65 miles an hour / 105 kilometers an hour or just maybe a little bit faster. I also had the car radio turned on and I was listening Amber’s country music station. Taken with the ambient road noises and the radio’s music, they combined to silence the cell phone ring tone very effectively. I did return the recruiter call and said that I would call him in the morning.

I wonder what sort of job he has in mind for me and where it is located.

Doug and I went to El Gringo for dinner. We took a break from my cooking. Valerie the Server was working tonight. The first thing she said was, “Where have you been?” I think she was saying that she sort of missed but I could be wrong.

I explained that I had been teaching on Wednesdays when I first met her. I couldn’t have dinner and be at class on time at 6:00 PM. Valerie accepted my explanation with a smile. That was good.

Doug had a carnitas burrito that he pronounced as good and tasty. It also filled him up. I had chicken burrito. It was very good. I think I will sleep well tonight.

Woman of the Moment
I know you are all waiting for the new Woman of the Moment. She is Giselle Windecher from Miami, Florida. Giselle is a Latina and the second Latina after Mercedes Terrell. She was the Speed Options Model of the Month for March 2007.

The photos came from either the Speed Options web site or her web site of http://www.gisellewindecher.com. I downloaded about forty photos so you can expect to see to Giselle for about three weeks or so.

For the statistically inclined, Giselle is 23 years old and is 67 inches /170 centimeters tall. She measures 32B – 26- 36 inches or 81B – 66 – 91 centimeters.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home