Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend Update - March 26th

Weekend Update
I spent most to the weekend either cleaning the place or teaching school on Saturday. Not very exciting was it.

The new twin bed got delivered on Friday along with a bookcase for the extra bedroom that Doug uses. I will have the mattress delivered on Wednesday so the room will be ready when Doug returns from his Spring Break trip to New York City.

Visitors
This was another good week for visitors to the blog. We had visitors from Sweden, Australia [4], Mexico [2], Korea [6], Poland [3], Texas [4], South Africa [2], China [2], Canada [8], Vietnam [2], Philippines [3], United Kingdom [4], Lithuania, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, France [2], Russia, Belgium, Ireland, Hungary, Spain, and Poland.

We had visitors stay for 19.5 minutes, 18 minutes, 17.5 minutes, 14minutes, 10 minutes, and one incredible visitor who was here for 60 minutes.

The blog reached a new milestone over the weekend in terms of visitors. Over 500 of you have visited the blog. This is the best regular month for visitor traffic. I am tossing out October 2006 where we hit over 700 but they were all Germans who came in quickly and left quickly. With any luck and some decent writing on my part, the blog should reach 600 for the month.

That would be epic.

I do appreciate all of you who take time out of your lives to stop by and look at the blog.

Woman of the Moment
I am going to run a double Woman of the Moment to make up for not posting last night. I don’t think you will object to the extra images.






My Amber Alert
My Amber Alert was a non-event. As you may recall, Amber was supposed to come over to my flat for a home cooked meal on Sunday. Dinner was an event designed for Amber since she does not do well with time sensitive events. This was easy for me. Amber would show up; I would cook dinner; and then we would talk after dinner.

When Amber didn’t show up when she said she would, I became slightly worried. We had talked briefly on Saturday and we were both looking forward to the dinner. I tried phoning her but I only got her voice mail system. I had folded up my laptop as I prepared my flat for dinner. I was offline from around 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM on Sunday.

I went online on Sunday after my dinner. Amber had sent me an email that said something had come up with her and that she would not be able to join me for dinner.

Life happens.

I had planned to cook seafood because we both like seafood. I was going to sauté some jumbo scallops from Magdalena Bay in Baja California and serve them with rice, black beans, and grilled asparagus with an egg, mustard and olive oil dressing. That would have been a tasty meal.


I was depressed on Sunday night and went to El Gringo for dinner.

I cooked the dinner tonight. I think it turned out very nicely. It was a full meal and I was satisfied. The wine, Sterling Vineyard’s Sauvignon Blanc, was especially good and crisp. I had read a restaurant review in the Sunday Los Angeles Times. The review mentioned grating fresh cheese over the grilled asparagus. I tried this with some grated Romano cheese and it tasted great.

Teaching
I had a minor teaching milestone at the technical school over the weekend.

One of my former students asked if he could use me as a reference during his job search. He said some of the companies where he interviewed asked for some teacher references. I said he could use me as a reference.

This made me feel good. I guess I am not such a bad teacher.

Then, today, I had some more good teaching news. I got a phone call from school. The school wanted to know if I would be interested in substituting for another teacher on Friday night.

I said that I could teach the class. It is mostly being in the classroom and keeping the students in class for some period of the class session. I have never taught this class before but I am highly confident that I can teach the course. The downside is the class is on Friday night.

Oh well, life happens and I will pick up a few extra dollars for the night. It should pay for the cost of the gas to get to school and back.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo for my dinner on Sunday night. I was not in the mood to cook a special sort of dinner for myself.

Jess the Server was working on Sunday so that brought a modest element of consistency to my life. I almost did not recognize Jess when I walked into the restaurant. Jess is a natural blonde or so she said to me. She dyed her hair a warm brown. I thought it looked very nice with her tanned skin.

I did think it was on the odd side that a woman with naturally blonde hair would dye her hair brown. I guess that shows how much I know about women and their hair color.

I ended up having a shredded beef burrito for my dinner. It was not too spicy so that was a satisfying and filling meal for me.

Amy the Server
Some of you know how much Doug and I like Amy the Server from Morton’s. She was our server for the traditional Douguary Dinner in February. She always made our meals just perfect.

When we were there, Amy asked me when we would be back. I said that we would bad in early May for the traditional Chuckay Dinner. Chuckay is a month long celebration of all things Chuck. It is normally held or observed in May. I told Amy that I would call her and tell her when we would be back.

I phoned Amy and left her a message that said we would have the Chuckay Dinner on May 5th at Morton’s. I also said and that Doug and I were hoping she would be working and would be our server.

Then, I did not hear from Amy until today.

Amy said she had left Morton’s after the Douguary Dinner. Amy said she had been stressing and getting upset about changing her job. She did not feel like talking to me or anyone else until today.

I was very relieved that I knew what had happened and that she was not mad with me. I asked Amy to let me know where she settles as a server. I said that Doug and I would be sure to visit her at her new restaurant so long as it was not a vegetarian restaurant.

Any said she would end up at a steakhouse so Doug and I were safe.

Excellent.

Woman of the Moment
This is the second part of the Woman of the Moment.






That was my weekend. I hope your weekend was interesting and fun for you.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home