Monday, November 24, 2008

More Utah Football

More Utah Football
I see where our Utes are now ranked sixth in the BCS standings. They should stay in this position since they have no more games to play until January 1st when they play in a major post season football bowl game.

Perfectomundo.

Now, some fans might say that Utah only plays lower ranked teams. They may be right after all.
But, I think they haven’t cleaned their glasses lately.

To achieve a 12 and 0 record for the season, Utah had to beat three teams that were ranked in the Top 25; Brigham Young University and Texas Christian University, both from the Mountain West Conference, and Oregon State University who is likely to be either the Pac 10 champion or co-champion.

Actually, you could add Michigan to the total if you take into consideration the first game of the season when Michigan was nationally ranked. This was, of course, before Michigan self destructed and imploded.

Here is an interesting BCS ranking factoid. The University of Southern California is ranked higher than Oregon State University, the only team to defeat USC so far this season.

Does that make any sense to you?

I think we ought to go back to divining the football gods’ intentions from reading the entrails of a freshly killed goat. It would provide the same degree of logic as the present method.

I logged onto ESPN.com this afternoon to see if they had any bowl pairing predictions. Two of the ESPN experts had Utah playing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. If that were to come to pass, it would be a major step up for Utah football.

I just wonder how the Utah fans who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints [Mormons] would react to New Orleans with its wilder life style.

Fascinating.

Molly the Stylist
Molly the Stylist called me to remind me of my appointment with her on Tuesday. That was nice of her but I had the appointment on my wall calendar and in my Palm Z22. I was prepared.

Of course.

Molly asked me if I wanted to come an hour earlier since her 1:30 PM appointment cancelled on her. I said sure; that means I can get out to Gloria’s ice cream store an hour earlier.

Life will be good for me on Tuesday.

Teaching
I had to go out to school today.

One of my students sent his work to my school email address instead of sending it to me at my regular email account. While I was at school, I also learned how to download or read my school email from home.

Sweet.

Another student phoned me because I had left two messages for hear saying she was going to fail the course because she had not submitted any work. I took her call while I was at school. She said she had sent the assignments to my school email address. While she may have sent the assignments, they were not in my school email in box.

Why do students lie?

I guess they are lazy and lack any moral backbone. I can take pleasure in the fact that I will not be seeing this student in any of my classes in the coming term.

Gloria’s Ice Cream
Since I was already out in Anaheim, I came home by way of Gloria’s Ice Cream store. Today was as good a day to get my ice cream as tomorrow would be.

Chocolate ice cream is perfect any day of the week and at any time of the day.

Gloria was in the store today. She dished up a very full cup of rich chocolate ice cream that I added chocolate and caramel sauce too.

Perfectomundo.

We talked about school. Gloria didn’t realize that the term had ended. I guess she has been really occupied with getting her ice cream store off of the ground.

I have been doing my part to help her business succeed.

Dr. Karen would be so proud of me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home