Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where was I?

Where was I?
I suppose that you were wondering what happened to the blog or where I was last week. That’s a perfectly good question.

The computer crashed early last Sunday or late last Saturday. I spent several hours on the phone with technical support from Microsoft, Lenovo, and Verizon of the course of the next few days. They were universally helpful and professional. I think the best of the three was Microsoft from India.

In the end, I had to reload the laptop “C” drive from the factory settings. Normally, this would not have been much of a problem except for the fact my new Maxtor external hard drive that I purchased exclusively for backups did not back up any Word files or any JPEG photo files. It also didn’t back up a lot of other files. Norton 360 backup was not much better.

It looks like I will be dong manual backups for the time being until I figure out a better way to manage things. With almost 450 GB of free space to work with, I will have plenty of time to figure things out. By the time I run out of space on the external hard drive, the cost of a multi-terabit hard drive will be nickels and dimes, relatively speaking.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home