Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting Ready for New Year's Eve

Getting Ready for New Year’s Eve
Getting ready for New Year’s Eve is relatively easy for me this year. Since I have no plans presently and it seems highly unlikely that I will develop any plans between now and the 31st, I am ready for the event now.

Of course, I may take a shower and brush my teeth that. I might even shave but there is no reason to do so.

My tutoring session Saturday morning went very well. My former student was a mess of anxiety and nerves over her bachelor’s thesis. It seems her instructor hasn’t talked about the project yet. That is unfortunate for her and the rest of the students.

I came up with a suggestion for a structural framework that would solve two problems for her. It would provide a sound intellectual basis for her thesis and a source of additional peer reviewed material and articles. I also gave her a simple methodology for formatting her paper.

We met at Doug’s favorite Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf because it was convenient for her. After the tutoring session, Doug and I went to lunch at the local Original Tommy’s Hamburgers. Doug had a Number 2 combination with chili cheese fries and a double chili cheeseburger. He had a late breakfast.

I had a light breakfast because I knew we would be going to lunch at either Tommy’s or Fatburger. I probably overate with a Mega Combo with a triple chili cheeseburger and chili cheese fries. Oh yes, you also get a giant drink as well. You need it by the end of the meal.

On my way home, I swing into my friend Gloria’s frozen yogurt and ice cream store. The store is just off of the 405 so it was an easy stop for me. The cold chocolate ice cream helped to settle my stomach and that was good. Gloria was out and I enjoyed my ice cream in relative silence.

I seem to be writing about food a lot today.


My friend Sharon took me to lunch today. Of course, I had to drive about 65 miles to her office for lunch. The traffic was light so I could cruise along at a comfortable 70 miles per hour. I know that I ought to convert the old Imperial measures into their metric equivalents. I don’t feel like that tonight; maybe tomorrow.

Anyway.

Sharon took me to the Elephant Bar at the Tyler Mall in Riverside; primarily because I have never been to an Elephant Bar restaurant before. Sharon had her usual order of chicken medallions; she really likes it.

I decided to be adventurous and try a special on the menu. I had crushed macadamia nuts cover some mahi mahi that was served with rice and an assortment of vegetables and a vegetable salsa. It was very good and filling for me. I added some soy sauce to the rice because the white rice was only white rice at the end of the meal.

Sharon passed on dessert but she did agree to try a bit of my ice cream mud pie. An ice cream mud pie is coffee ice cream in a chocolate cookie pie shell and topped with whipped cream and crumbled Oreo cookies.

I should have taken photos of our meal. Oh well, there is always tomorrow or the next time for photos. I did have a new photo of Sharon and me together taken today.

We had a great server Dominique. She had a great sense of humor and tolerated our silliness and side bar humor Dominique took the photo of Sharon and me and then Sharon took the one of Dominique and me.

It was my lucky day for photos.

If I was to go to this Elephant Bar again and it is possible I suppose, I would definitely request Dominique as my server. I would even consider changing venues if she wasn’t working then.

I read in my online news feed that Utah’s head football coach Kyle Whittingham got a five year, USD$6 million contract extension from the school. Obviously, everyone is very pleased with his results.

If you happen to be in the United States on Friday with nothing better to do, tune into the Sugar Bowl game and root for our Utes. The Princess and I will be doing just that.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home