Sunday, December 07, 2008

Pearl Harbor Day - December 7th

Pearl Harbor Day
Today, December 7th marks the 67th anniversary of the attack on American naval and army forces in the Territory of Hawaii by naval forces of the Empire of Japan. Almost 2,400 Americans were killed in the attack including 1, 177 on the USS Arizona.




The photos of the USS Arizona were taken in the 1930s and are from the Department of the Navy, Naval Historical Center.

We must never forget the sacrifices that have been made by others in defense of our liberties and freedom.

Other Activities at Week’s End
We had some Iranian visitors to the blog again. They had been absent for a while. I wonder why any good Muslin, especially one from Iran would be doing at the blog’s archives and checking out the most popular pages. Most of you know these pages contain images of very healthy young women in skimpy bikinis.

Maybe the Iranians have been off getting the minds and souls purified.

As for me, there is nothing wrong with a healthy young woman in a bikini.

I did some Christmas shopping for me over the weekend with no success. I was looking for a red and white scarf, preferably a long one. I thought this would be easy to find. I went to our University of Utah sports web site. Red and white are the school colors and it certainly is cold in Salt Lake City this time of the year.

None; I couldn’t believe there were no red and white scarves for sale.

I went to NCAA.com and tried to find one from Wisconsin or Oklahoma,; they have the same colors. No luck again.

I guess it is just as well that I live in Southern California and a warm Winter scarf like this is a luxury for me that I can live without.

I finished off my 2008 Christmas Letter. I sent it off to Doug for him to take a look at it and make sure that I did not make any serious errors. Then, all I have to do is address and mail my Christmas cards.

Not too much to write about today; after all, creating lesson plans and quizzes si not very exciting.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home