Saturday, December 06, 2008

Stood Up, Maybe

Stood Up, Maybe
I went to the Oncology Clinic for the regular, every three weeks date with Dr. Karen. This is what I do on some Fridays.

To my surprise, Dr. Karen was not in. Wendy and Varuna, the nurses who check patients’ vital signs, said that she was not going to be in the clinic and that I would be seeing someone else. I thought for a moment and said, “I guess so.”

Wendy hugged my arm and said that I was the best patient because I never complain or yell or get angry or get mad with them. I only smiled; what else could I do? Getting upset helps no one and I know the nurses go out of their way to make every visit as pleasant as possible for the patients.

When I got home from the clinic, I ordered a festive, ten pound tub of Hershey’s chocolates for the Oncology Clinic staff. I will deliver the candy to them in a week or so. I am highly confident that the nursing staff will enjoy the candy. After all, I think everyone likes chocolate, especially at this time of the year.

I get to go to the Clinic on December 26th next. Dr. Karen should be there then. We can sort out the avatar to sue for her when I see her.

It’s a Tihana Day – Part II
I went to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf after lunch. I was tired and needed some caffeine to pick me up. I was also a little saddened because I missed seeing Dr. Karen.

Tihana was working at the Bean.

Perfectomundo.

Tihana doesn’t normally work on Fridays; she said that she does sometimes to fill in. I was very happy to see her since she was wearing the bright red company tee shirt that I like. Naturally, I did not have my camera with me so I couldn’t get a new photo of her in the red shirt. Oh well, all things in life can’t go the way I want all of the time.

The Bean was busy so Tihana and I did not have much of a chance to talk with her.

My large ice blended was excellent as usual. Tihana took my order and she knew what I wanted from memory. That is great.

Other Odds and Ends of My Life
I remembered a conversation that I had with Natalie the receptionist. Natalie mentioned that she did not like the dark chocolate candy but loved M&Ms. I ordered some customized Christmas M&Ms for Natalie. She will probably get upset with me and try to yell at me. This will not succeed because it is very difficult to yell with your mouth full of candy.

I also ordered some Christmas stuff for me.

Last week, we had 832 visitors to the blog. Sweet.

I was reading in one of my online news feeds that Nokia, my favorite cell phone manufacturer, was coming out with their N97 Smart Phone in mid-2009. It is said to be a direct competitor with the Apple iPhone. I wonder if AT&T or Verizon, my cell phone companies, will be carrying the phone.

One of my students is a Verizon cell phone salesman so I will ask him about the Nokia phone next week when we have a class.

All in all, a generally good Friday for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home