Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rainy Monday and Posted on Tuesday

Rainy Monday and Posted on Tuesday
It was raining when I rolled out of bed this morning; not a strong or hard rain, just enough to make a mess of the roads. And, my potential drive to Riverside for my lunch with Sharon.

Sharon called me this morning. She sounded horrible; Sharon has a nasty cold and is on antibiotics right now. That is not good at all. She was calling to say that lunch would have to be a bit later today since she had to take her dog Bianca into the veterinarian because the dog has a mass somewhere.

I don’t know much about her dog other than it is small and it barks a lot. I remember from when Doug and the Princess had their dog Nelson that it required a lot of care. She will be spending more time at the veterinarian’s office than she planned to do today.

I think Sharon was hurt when I suggested that we have lunch next Monday. I didn’t say the delay was prompted by my guess that she would spend more time with the vet. I suggested that I need to be careful about my exposure to germs because of the chemotherapy treatments. This is true and a very acceptable excuse.

Lunch is now next Monday and things are likely to be less hectic then.

[It’s Tuesday now]

I took a break from school work and drove to Westminster to see my friend Gloria at her frozen yogurt and ice cream store. It was also a break in the weather and the roads were dry.


For those of you who have never driven in Southern California during poor weather, our drivers are generally among the worst in the world. They drive too fast and do not allow enough space between them and the vehicle in front of them. Of course, some are still talking on their hand held cell phones even though that has been illegal since July 1st. raindrops on the windshield frighten them.

Gloria’s store was empty as would be expected in the middle of December and on one of the last shopping days until Christmas. That gave us more time to catch on what has happened in our lives.

You all know that nothing significant has happened with me in the last six months.

My drive home was very nice because the roads were still dry and most of the traffic was on the other side of the freeway divider.
Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home