Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Catching Up

Catching Up
I was off catching up on lesson plans and lecture notes on Monday. I didn’t do any over the Christmas Break. I should feel badly, but, since none of my students did any work, I don’t feel badly at all.

At least, I read the chapters which more than I can say for my students.

I wonder how my Tuesday night students will do on their quiz next week.

I think one of my students asked me to be her mentor. I say I think because I am not sure if that is what she wants. We didn’t have a chance to conclude the discussion about me helping her. Still, it does feel nice to have been possible asked to be a mentor. I am certain that I can help her and provide an information and guidance source that she does not have access to otherwise.

I think she wanted me to call her today or at least that is how I interpreted her gesture as she left class last night. So far, I haven’t heard from her so I will just wait and see what develops in the next few days.

Today being Wednesday, I went to my local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on my way home from my morning class. It was also Tihana’s day to work so I had a very nice large ice blended when I got home and fixed my lunch, a sandwich.

Tihana asked me if I was back at school teaching. During the Break, I had been coming into the store in jeans and sweatshirts. Today, I came in wearing a brown suit and tie.

On Tuesdays, I have to kill about six hours between my morning and my evening classes. I could drive home and then return. The total drive would take, under ideal conditions, a minimum of two hours. It would be more like three plus hours if I stayed at my flat for more than a couple of hours.

In terms of the time spent and the cost of fuel, to say nothing of the added frustration from driving in heavy traffic, I am better off staying at school.

I killed the time by talking with another instructor who is in a similar situation. We had a good discussion that covered why the school is not run properly; we could do a much better job.

Doug called me on Monday to tell me that he had a case of bronchitis and that he probably would not be joining me when I see Dr. Karen on January 16th because he is concerned about exposing me while I am in chemotherapy. I will try to talk into going to see Dr. Karen with me and I will point out that I am at the hospital regularly and the hospital is full of people who are sick.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home