Monday, June 01, 2009

Afterthoughts

Afterthoughts
I had some afterthoughts or thoughts that I left out of Sunday’s blog entry. Mostly, the omissions were about ladies in my life.

I forgot to mention that I went to see Molly the Stylist for a hair styling on Wednesday. My hair looked perfect and then I left her salon and the wind in Belmont Shore caught my hair and made a mess of it. It is very nice to have messy, windblown hair because that means I have a full or almost full head of hair.


Lots of hair is good if you are a cancer patient.

Molly now likes my moustache so that means all of the women in my life like the moustache. I guess I have to keep it for now. I can do that.

I arrived early for the session with Molly because that is my nature. I tend to be terminally prompt and on time. Arriving early had its own compensation for me; I had a chance to spend some time talking to Natalie the Receptionist. Normally, our conversations are limited to a hello and that is about it. We had the time to get caught up on our lives.

Perfectomundo.

Then, I went to my local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Sunday afternoon for my usual large ice blended drink. I know a large ice blended drink when there is no sun and it is cool and breezy makes little, if any, sense to most people.

Sunday was also my “clear off the top of my dresser and dump all of the coins in the tip jar day.” Like many people, I get change when I make a small purchase. I don’t like to carry the change around and if I don’t dispose of the change in an orderly manner, I will have a large pile of coins on the top of dresser.

Tihana was working so I knew my drink would be perfect.

It was.

Tihana also likes the end of the month trip to the Coffee Bean because she knows I will end up dumping a couple of dollars worth of coins into her tip jar.

We talked a bit longer than we usually do because business seemed to be off on Sunday. Maybe it was the cool and cloudy weather that kept the customers away.

I got so carried away with my thoughts about Dr. Karen on Sunday that I forgot to mention Nurses Vrunda and Wendy. They were still saying that I was mean to buy them the large, thick, rich, dark chocolate brownies.

I think they protest far too much and too often to be serious.

Wendy called the patients’ names for the vital signs check on Friday. I looked up when she started calling them. When she came to my name, Wendy only motioned me to come forward and pick up my patient card and stand in line.

I blamed them for my blood pressure being slightly elevated. Vrunda and Wendy only laughed at me.

Lastly, today is a new month and that means it is time to tally up the visitor traffic for May. We had 2,735 visitors to the blog and they viewed 3,954 separate pages. This is another solid performance for the blog. We also had 170 visitors to the blog on Sunday.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home