Sunday, May 17, 2009

Leftovers

This Posting should have gone up on May 13th. I was, apparently, very distracted that day.

Leftovers
These are the leftovers from my Sunday posting to the blog. I was busy with things on Monday morning, lecture notes for my Tuesday morning class and then on Tuesday afternoon I was running around and chatting with my friend Ling.

Ling and I have been chatting on the Internet for almost six years and we have never met. One day, we may just meet; I have no idea of when or where that meeting might take place.

It looks like my fountain pen that I have been using for over forty years has finally given up the ghost. It no longer lays down a smooth line of ink any more. I suppose that I could look for a new nib assembly and add it to the old case. I’m just not sure if I want to spend the time running around looking for a new nib. It is Summer in Southern California now.

Visitors
We had another good week for visitors again. We had 604 visitors stop by the blog and they viewed 1,830 individual pages. The most common pages account for upwards of 80% of all the blog traffic.

Visitors from the United States account for a third of the traffic; everyone else is from all over the world.

I do appreciate all of you who stop by the blog.

Teaching
Well, it is half way through Week 10 of an eleven week term. I have a tentative teaching schedule for the coming term. I will be teaching four classes for what seems like a near certainty. These classes are all ones that I have taught before; two sections of State and Local Government, Microeconomics and Market Research.

The school is starting a new program in Paralegal Studies and the department chair has asked me to teach one of the classes. I told him I was happy to each the course. I will see what happens when the final schedule comes out.

I let my Tuesday morning class spend some time in the computer lab so they could polish their final presentations. Some other students came into the lab. One of them asked me, by name, if I was teaching State and Local Government. I told that I was teaching the only sections of the course so she would be in my class. Now, I have never had this young woman in any of my previous classes and I obviously don’t know her name. I wonder how or why she bothered to learn my name or why she was so relieved to find that I was going to be her instructor.

All I have to do is wait a couple of weeks, last week of this term and term break, and I will find out who she is.

Paulina Garces
I cruised through her web site over the weekend and found some new to the site images of her. I also caught her infomercial on television on Sunday morning. It was a rerun from the prior week; it was still worth watching.

These are some of the new photos from her web site.



Drinks with my friend Lisa
I met my friend Lisa and her girl friend Cleo for drinks after work on Friday at a restaurant in Glendale. The almost forty mile drive to the venue was not too bad for a late Friday afternoon. It took me close to an hour and forty five minutes; about as long as I thought it would take to drive there.

Cleo is from T&T [Trinidad & Tobago] just like Lisa. They both have an engaging Caribbean accent and have been friends for a very long time.

I had a wonderful time with the ladies, the restaurant was on the noisy side until happy hour ended and then the noise seemed to depart. For some reason, I had no interest in having any alcoholic beverage. I guess that must have been Dr. Karen’s influence on me. We shared a cheese pizza since it would divide easily and some really good French fried sweet potatos or yams. The sweet potatos were served in the lower portion of a brown paper bag.

A woman at an adjoining table came over to us because she was curious about what was in the brown paper bag. She ended up joining Lisa and Cleo is singing happy birthday when our server brought out a scoop of chocolate ice cream and a topping of whipped cream. It was a wonder way to end the meal.

Chuckay – Part 2.75
I had planned to go to Fatburger for my Sunday. This would be a scheduled Chuckay meal event; I would go to Fatburger and place an order to go. I planned to have a Kingburger with cheese and everything else and fat fries and wash the food down with a Kona Brewing Company Longboard Lager.

Perfectomundo.

The plans went out the window as soon as I left the building parking garage. There had been a head on collision in the street just east of the building. I don’t know if anyone was hurt or not; I am guessing the drivers and any passengers were taken to the local hospital as a precaution.

Weather was not an issue in the collision. It was clear and dry.

If I had to guess the cause, I might guess distraction caused by using a cell phone.

The police from Redondo Beach and Torrance blocked off the road while they investigated what happened. I think I counted twelve police cars. Most of the officers were talking; one officer seemed to be doing the investigative work. Because access to the building was blocked off, I ended up eating my dinner at Fatburger.

Doug hadn’t bothered to tell me that Fatburger had changed its menu. It is now looking more like In n Out. They no longer offer a Kingburger. I had left my glasses home so I couldn’t read the menu mounted on the wall. I ordered what I thought was a near Kingburger; it wasn’t.

All was not lost on Sunday. I got a coupon for a free order of fries at Fatburger. I can go there next weekend, Memorial Day Weekend and get my proper meal to go. The Longboard Lager will still be well chilled in the refrigerator.


Be well and stay happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous adem said...

Here is no any sale but you can save up to 40 to 60% discounts on your every purchase by using printable coupons at www.clickmycoupon.com.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home