Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Chuckay - Part 2

Chuckay – Part 2
After my bad car karma experience, I needed to treat myself to something nice yesterday. I made a couple of stops on my way home from behind the Orange Curtain and I arrived at my flat around mid-afternoon.

I decided to skip lunch extra for a small snack, a banana and a handful of cashews. That meat I would be having an early dinner.

I ended up going to the In n Out Hamburgers’ location in Torrance. I hadn’t been to In n Out in well over a year for several reasons. First, this is the nearest location to the flat and it is too far to consider takeout food because it will be cool by the time I would get back to the flat. Second, Doug doesn’t care to eat at In n Out anymore; he prefers the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers, Fatburger, and the Counter Grill now.

I think I was motivated to go there because the local television station that I watch for news said In n Out was voted the best hamburger in California. I wonder why Doug and I weren’t invited to participate in the judging. We certainly know what a good hamburger is; we’ve eaten enough of them over the years.

I particularly enjoy their Double Double Cheeseburger [two beef patties and two cheese slices] combination that comes with French fries and a medium drink with unlimited refills. In n Out serves hamburgers prepared with only fresh, not frozen, beef, real tomato slices, real onion slices, and real lettuces leaves. Most of the other hamburger providers only serve a diced or shredded version of the extras. Since I was hungry, I had a Double Double combination and an additional cheeseburger.

My niece the Nutritionist is probably going to yell at me for such bad eating habits, especially at my age. In my defense, I would say that I really over indulge in hamburgers and steaks only once a year during the traditional Chuckay Celebration. Just like the Princess only goes to Morton’s The Steakhouse when I visit her for her birthday celebration which the Nutritionist attended and very much enjoyed her steak.

I would be remiss in not stating that the avatar is a humorous image and does not reflect her personality is the slightest. She does care about what I eat and I do appreciate her efforts to save me from eating poorly.

My hamburger was excellent. It came out of the kitchen in the old style of a paper wrapper. It was a little on the greasy side but I didn’t care because I had a lot of paper napkins. Everything was fresh and tasty; the onions and lettuce were crisp and the tomato slices were ripe. I washed everything down with Coca Cola.

Perfectomundo.

If you ever visit Southern California, I would strongly recommend In n Out Hamburgers for a simple, old fashioned, freshly cooked meal.

I probably have a photo of the Double Double Combination somewhere; just not really handy for me right now.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home