Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bad Car Karma

Bad Car Karma
Things were going well for me on Monday until I went to leave school after my evening class. The class was a good one for me.

I have a car alarm on the Prelude as well as the Pathfinder. I went click on the alarm controller just as the tiny battery in the device failed. I could open the car door but I could not start the engine. I knew or should have known the battery was dying because I had had trouble in getting it to function a couple of days before it died for ever.

I guess this was bad car karma from my previous cars that I have had and enjoyed catching up with me.

I ended up calling the Automobile Club and their driver was out to school in about twenty minutes. He was expecting a usual, for him at least, dead car battery trip. He said the only thing he could do was to disable the battery and I would be able to get home.

The decision was fairly obvious, disable the alarm. The Prelude is, after all, twenty years old. It doesn’t seem to have a lot of attraction for car thieves I think. The alarm disabled; I was home a little after 11:00 PM. I went to bed about an hour later.

Tuesday was not a good day for me. I had less than six hours sleep the night before. My morning class went well for me.

After school, I drove out to Doug’s and dropped off some mail that had been delivered to my house. On my way home, I had thought about stopping at Gloria’s frozen yogurt and ice cream store. I decided not to stop since she would not have been there. I helped her find another permanent job.

I did sleep very well Tuesday night.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home