Thursday, August 06, 2009

lab tests today

Lab tests today
I went into the hospital for my regular lab tests after my morning class today. The tests were uneventful for me; there was only a very minor pain from the needle. That was nice and so was the short time I had to spend at the hospital. I was in and out, including updating my patient information in about twenty five minutes. What is especially noteworthy is that I was there during the middle of the lunch period.

My Brother
My Brother phoned me on Tuesday and asked me to see if I could find some financial information on a potential client of his. My Brother sells natural gas for industrial uses. His client was a domestic subsidiary of a Korean chaebol [conglomerate] that does not release financial information.

Korean businesses are secretive by nature. They do not like to furnish financial information to anyone generally except another Korean. By dinking around several different web sites of public, listed companies that are part of the chaebol, I was able to piece together enough financial information so that my Brother’s company’s credit department can make a decision and approve a sale.

I’m not sure how much business he can get from the potential client since the project is scheduled for demolition in later 2010. The replacement project would be very attractive for him to land as a client.

Visitors
I checked our visitor count this afternoon following my lunch. The traffic count was down slightly from last week. We had 154 visitors who viewed 187 unique pages. At this rate, it looks doubtful if the blog will cross the 50,000 visitor mark this month. Right now, the blog visitor count is at 49,185.

In any event, I still do appreciate those of you who take time to stop by and visit the blog.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home