Sunday, July 19, 2009

Friday's leftovers

Friday’s leftovers
The Friday post was all about Dr. Karen and me and the cancer. I thought it best to focus on the main or primary subject. There were some leftovers from Friday; this is to be expected.

As most of the regular blog readers know by now, I do not like taking the Xeloda pills and I am not very fond of some of the side effects like loss of fingerprints. I did discover that the prolonged usage of the Xeloda has almost completely removed a bunion that I had on my left foot. This was a very nice side effect. I knew the bunion was shrinking because it has not been causing me any significant discomfort over the last few months.

I was reading on either Thursday or Friday that Apple was making its iTunes service incompatible with the new Palm Pre smart phone device. Maybe incompatible is not the proper word but the end result will be Palm Pre users will have a more difficult time downloading music from iTunes. You all know that I have very limited technical skills. I suppose this is an attempt to preserve the iPhone device’s market share as it faces competition from Blackberry and the new Palm Pre.

Isn’t it absolutely fascinating that Apple is using the same tactics that Apple accused Microsoft of using to preserve its market share just a few years ago?

Full and fair disclosure, I only have a four year old Samsung cell phone device and a three year old Nokia cell phone device that I use to talk on. I don’t take pictures although the Nokia can do that. I don’t text very much; last month, I sent and received four text messages. Both phones use the clam shell or flip phone form function. I am highly likely to continue to use them until I am no longer able to find replacement batteries.

So much for technology and me.

Doug and I were talking on Friday about getting together for lunch at Morton’s while we waited to see Dr. Karen. Doug said that he was not going to be having any beef for lunch; he was cutting back on red meat again. I guess that will leave with a choice of some chicken dish or salmon or other fish dish.

Personally, I plan to have a simple lunch, well simple for Morton’s. I plan to have a simple salad and a Morton’s cheeseburger and French fries and maybe some ice cream for dessert. Right now, I think a very cold Heineken’s beer would be a perfect way to wash my meal down my throat.

Of course, time can change the outcome and the meal plans.

Last week was a bad week for visitor traffic; we only had 440 visitors who looked at 622 unique pages. I think the Summer holidays had something to do with the fall off in traffic since the European volume was off significantly.

From time to time, I take a detailed look at who the visitors are. We had some interesting visitors; well, I think they are interesting. It is comforting to know the blog draws a wide range of viewers. We had visitors from the United States Patent Office, Harvard University, Google, Iran, and the United States Navy.

I do continue to worry about the Iranian visitor or visitors if there were a bunch crowded around a terminal, viewing attractive young actresses and models in bikinis. I don’t think the imams would approve of that conduct. Of course, none of the actresses and models was from Iran or were Islamic as far as I know, just Westerners and Asians.

On the other hand, it is very comforting and reassuring to see sailors in the United States Navy are coming to the blog to view the same young actresses and models in bikinis. This just reaffirms my faith in the Navy and the sailors, some things never change.

Fair winds and following seas shipmates.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home