Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Cyber Friday and Cyber Monday [posted on Tuesday]

Cyber Friday and Cyber Monday
I feel proud of myself in an Internet sort of way. I was able to complete my laptop shopping and some Christmas shopping on Friday and Monday without much of a delay. Of course, the fact that I was ordering standard products today may have had an influence on easy of a task I had to face.

The laptop should arrive around the middle of December if I am lucky. That will be good for me since I should have time over the Christmas Break to become familiar with it and to download most of the stuff on the current laptop.

The other order was for brownies. They should arrive by the end of the week if I am lucky. Hopefully, with the weather change to cooler temperatures, they will arrive in perfect condition. The brownies are for my favorite oncology nurses and Dr. Karen.

Utah Football
All is not so lost for our Utes. I was reading in the local newspaper sport section this morning that our Utes are still ranked in the Top 25 in three out of four major polls. I will admit that being ranked 25th is not the ranking that I would have hoped the Utes earned.


On the other hand, there are a lot of teams that never were ranked in the Top 25 by any poll. Even more will be staying home in December so they can watch the Utes play in another post season bowl game.

Perfectomundo.

RED CLIFF
I got really lucky with my plans to see the new John Woo film RED CLIFF. Doug had checked, using his iPhone, where it was playing when he was here for Thanksgiving. He used my ZIP Code as the search from location. He came up with a theater in Westwood and one of West Hollywood as the closest ones to me.

Neither choice appealed to me because the drives to get there are crummy.

When I checked the show times for the theater is Westwood, I discovered that the same chain was showing the film out in South Orange County.

Excellent.

In addition to having lots of parking and being 405 Freeway on-ramp close, I can also see it as part of a lot of errands on Wednesday. I am scheduled to see Molly the Stylist first then I will swing by school to pick up two textbooks that came in late. Since I was already now in Orange County, I called Doug to see if he was available for lunch; he was so we will meet for lunch at the Counter Grill. After lunch, I should have plenty of time to get over to the theater for the 3:30 showing of the film.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home