Thursday, December 02, 2010

November by the Numbers

November by the Numbers
November was an interesting month for me as far as numbers go.



I had no MINI driving with the top down hours this month. It was cool and cloudy for part of the month and then I had a nasty cold that hung for close to two weeks. I almost drove with the top down yesterday but I had just seen Molly the Stylists and I felt that I owed her at least a day before her efforts were lost. The MINI did end the month with 8,102 miles on the odometer.

The blog had a sharp drop off in visitors from September and October. That happens from time to time. Someone finds the blog and then there is a brief spurt of activity generated by a viral message from friend to friend and then they go away.

The blog had 311 visitors who viewed 433 unique pages. Still, it was a good number especially since I dropped the Woman of the Moment feature four years ago. The Woman of the Moment was and still is the biggest draw to the blog with about 70 to 75% of the page views depending on the month.

I think I may have mentioned that I started writing a novel, sort of out of boredom I guess more than any other reason. My first effort produced one that was just over 600 pages long. I need to go back over it and polish it more; I need to add more narrative to help explain things plus I need to add a prologue to help set the whole story.

Right now, I have let the first novel rest while I pound out the second one in a series. I am ambitious if nothing else. I have got about 430 pages written in the second round. I hope to finish it by the end of the month.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1
I went to see the seventh film in the series this week. One of my instructor friends from school went to see it during a Wednesday midnight showing. His wife is Potter fanatic so she had to see it at midnight.

I figured that I could wait since it wasn’t going to be gone in two weeks. My friend said it was the darkest Harry Potter film he had seen. He was right. It certainly was dark. I did miss not seeing Hogwarts in the film. It sort of reminded me of a couple of old classic Western films, HIGH NOON and John Ford’s THE SEARCHERS. Doug could probably identify a Kurosawa of French film that may have influenced the Potter film.

I saw the film in an IMAX theater. That was incredible except for the insistently loud sound system. I know that the sound has to be set for the theater on the assumption that the house will be full. The sound, at times, hurt my ears. It could have been turned down without killing any of the impact since there were less than thirty customers in an over 700 seat theater.

I do recommend seeing the film and see it in an IMAX theater if your ears aren’t as sensitive as mine are now.

Holy Irony and Molly the Stylist
I went to see Molly the Stylist yesterday since it was the first Wednesday in December.

One of my objectives was to give Molly the Mr. Goodbar miniatures that I received over the Halloween period. She loves Mr. Goodbar so I saved them for her. Unfortunately, I left them in my refrigerator. I remembered that fact when I walked into the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in the Belmont Shore section of Long Beach.

Molly asked for an iced vanilla latte. I went for the simple brew, medium sized decaf. While I was waiting for Molly’s drink, I noticed there was a nice chocolate croissant in the display rack. I got that for her as well since she loves chocolate.

It was hard to tell if she was happy or upset with me about the croissant because she had her mouth full of croissant at the time. I’ll go with happy


The photos of Molly that appear in the blog were taken a year ago. I asked if I could take a new photo. She said no because her hair was not looking good. I thought it looked very nice but what do I know; Molly is the professional stylist after all.

Holy irony Molly! A stylist who’s hair was not looking good.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home