Saturday, November 05, 2011

I should blog more often

I should blog more often
I should blog more often. I do have the time and I do have things going on in my life that present a modest degree of drama. I have my classes at school. With Winter coming on, I’ll be driving with the top down less.

My new very tentative teaching schedule for next quarter is blog writing friendly. I am scheduled to teach three classes on Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday afternoon. Plenty of time to write for the blog.

October by the Numbers
The blog had 619 visitors over the month. They viewed a total of 1,350 pages. My blog has had 61,255 visitors since its inception.

October was not the best of months for top down driving. It was a good month for driving in general though. I had only 14.75 hours of top down driving for the month. My total top driving total hours stands at 182.25 hours.


The MINI rolled over the 25,000 mile marker in October.


The seldom driven Pathfinder finally hit 98,000 miles.

The MINI gets around 32 miles to the gallon. The Pathfinder gets close to 18 miles to the gallon. With the price of gasoline close to USD$4.00 a gallon, it doesn’t require a mathematics degree to see why I drive the MINI more.

Money aside, the MINI is more fun to drive.


I had to take the MINI in to get new wiper blades in October. While I was waiting for my car to be finished, I had a chance to look at the new MINI Coupe. I was going to check it out and sit behind the wheel. I couldn’t find a shoe horn large enough to work my way in to be comfortable.

My reaction was who green lit this idea?

Did the German designers figure out the car’s look on an Oktoberfest beer hall napkin that got crumpled and then everyone thought that was the approved design?

Anyway, I love the MINI so I won’t be buying a coupe anytime soon.

Life Could Be A Dream
I went to see a musical last weekend. Life Could Be A Dream. It is a Romeo and Juliette story told with rock and roll songs from the 1950s and 1960s. The music was nice. The plot was formulaic.

Cancer free me
I had another post operation checkup last month.

I’m fine and doing well. I go back again in six months and then I will stay on a six month cycle of checkups. I’m not thrilled by having to take a CT scan for the next appointment. I have to drink this vile contrast dye before the scan.

On the plus side, it is only once or twice a year so I can live with that.

Molly the Stylist
I have been sending Molly the Stylist a box of Hershey’s miniature candies to her salon for Halloween. Molly loves Mr. Goodbar candies so I think she goes through and picks them all out. I looked in a small dish she had on a table and there were no Mr. Goodbars in the jar.


Molly did give me a very nice hug when I walked into the salon.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home