Thursday, May 09, 2013

Chuckay Day



Chuckay Day
The Counter Burger
Doug and I went to the Counter Burger for lunch today. The Counter seemed on the empty side today; Doug though it was because of Taco Tuesday. Maybe he was right.
I had the Red Eye Burger and I really enjoyed it. The Red Eye is made with a bison patty, tomatos, lettuce, cheddar cheese, bacon, and a fried eye served on the toasted English muffin. I opted to not have the spicy sauce. I think that was a very wise move on my part.
Doug had a veggie burger.
I exercised some restrain when it came to my dessert. I had a large scoop of vanilla iced cream. It looked small because the only bowls or plates that were good for iced cream were large salad or pasta plates.
Phone Calls
The Princess called me to wish me a Happy Birthday. I think she was in Atlanta because she was being interrupted by her dogs Zoe and Lucy. I guess they wanted to play or have another meal.
My brother also called me. It was good to talk to him. We hadn’t spoken in some time.
Teaching
I went to teach my Project Quality Management course after lunch. It was a fairly good class. it was my annual faculty classroom observation day. I earned the best evaluation from my department chair ever.
My chair has a philosophy of ‘you can always improve’ so his usual maximum grades are 2s on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being highest. This time, I got three 1.5, a 1.8. and 2.0. The 2 was because my class attendance could have been better. 27 out of 32 students were in class.
Cinema
I saw Ironman III yesterday.
I really like the film in general. I sort of felt that Ironman II was a better film. It was a generalized feeling more than anything else. Having said that I liked Ironman II better, I will go see Ironman IV, assuming for the moment the film is made.
Plan Changes
It looks like we’ll have to delay the traditional Chuckay Dinner at Morton’s because of schedule conflicts with Doug and me. Right now, it looks like the middle of June will work nicely for both of us.
I haven’t made it to Coldstone Creamery yet. I still have plenty of time and this Friday looks like an excellent day to visit the Creamery.

Be well and stay happy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home