Friday, April 01, 2005

Last Night

Hello again gentle readers.

I wasn't here for my usual Thursday night posting.

Did you miss me by any chance?

I have a really good excuse for not being here. I was about 1/2 or maybe 3/4 of the way home when I remembered that I had not secured my office for the night. Banks are terribly kean on protecting information.

So, I got off of the freeway and went back to the office to lock things up. Nothing had happened. I suppose I could have just continued on home and hoped that nothing did happen. But, I was the good duty banker centurion and secured my office for the night.

By the time I got home finally, it was around 8:30 PM and I was exhausted. I decided to take a hot shower and then crawl in bed for a long restful sleep instead of regalling you gentle readers with my endeavors for the day.

For the record, in case you are wondering, I did lock up my office tonight before I bailed out and headed on home.

The Big Guy called me this afternoon after he had seen the new film, Sin City. He kind of liked it and kind of not liked it. I think it depended on the scenes and the characters from his comments. The big takeaways from the call were [1] to see the film with digital projection and that [2] Jessica Alba and Bruce Willis were not that exciting but [3] Mickey Rourke was brilliant. I think I may go see that film next weekend.

The Girl Friend called about our plans for Saturday. She wanted to remind me of an intersting museum exhibition at the Asian Pacific Museum in Pasadena [where the Rose Bowl and Tournament of Roses Parade are]. It is an exhibition of Japanese swords made by one of the last masters of the art form.

This is an intrguing option for me.

I do love Kurosawa films; I will be picking up his film, Kagamusha this weekend. Doug and I did enjoy Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2, Hero, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I have been reading about Asia lately including a fair amount about the Meiji Restoration Period and the fall of the Tokugawa Shogunate.

I mentioned the exhibition to Doug. He did allow that the museum was on the approved museum list from his art professor. He was unsure if the sword exhibit was really art. I pointed out that these swords are selling for upwards of $35,000 each and the master can only make three swords a year. I said that takes them out of the weapons classification.

If you want to hack your enemy to death or do serious bodily injury, you can always go out and get a cheaper Korean knock-off. Better yet, use a chain saw made in China that you bought at Wal Mart and then toss the body in a wood chipper instead of the sword. You won't have to strain yourself so much.

The Big Guy and I are going to get together on Sunday for lunch at In-n-Out Hamburgers. I really like going there and I have not been to one since New Years Day. While I am out seeing the Big Guy, I will also hit up my favorite DVD store that is just off of the freeway and hardly out of my way.

That makes it a double play and that is all good.

So with this gentle readers, I am off line until Sunday sometime. I hope you all have or had an enjoyable weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home