Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Monday

Monday Monday, gentle readers; I so did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was ready to just roll over and pack it in for the day. But being the good corporate centurion that I am, I hauled my sorry butt out of bed and went to work.

On the plus side, it is Spring Break here for the week so the traffic was down considerably and that made the drive better. Of course, the roads still had more than there reasonable quotas of living examples for why the gene pool could use some chlorine every once in a while. The drive home tonight was only an hour and that was slick.

I tried something healthy for dinner tonight after yesterday's pig out at Albertacos. I had a broiled swordfish steak with Italian bread crumb crust on oven dried tomatoes and a lettuce and tomato salad. The meal was great but the tomatoes took an hour and fifteen minutes in the oven. I started cooking dinner at 6:00 PM or thereabouts and say down for dinner at 7:40 PM. I was definitely hungry.

I went through my mail after dinner tonight; actually, I read some of it while I was waiting on the tomatoes. My old college fraternity is going to celebrate the fraternity's founding in April. I think I will be able to go and that should be a good time for me.

My high school alumni association sent me the annual newsletter and pitch to renew my membership. I'm not sure why I am a member; my brother isn't a member as far as I recall. There were a bunch of articles that held no interest for me; my class did not have an article.

The only section that held my interest was the Obituaries. I am seeing more and more people that I know on it. I don't think of myself as being old but you can make a point that 60 is certainly not very young anymore. What does trouble me is there are a bunch of people younger than me on the list.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do about aging is there now.

The big event at work today was seeing where everyone stood in the basketball pool. It looks like most of the players got blown out by favoring Duke, Kentucky, and Wake Forest. Those were all good calls but those calls ended up on the short end of the scoreboard when the final buzzer went off. It looks like one of the administrative assistants is going to go home with the cash from the pool now.

I think I will go off and ponder who to invite to go to the fraternity party in Salt Lake City and then call my brother to talk about our friends on the Obit list. Not the best way to end the day.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home