Monday, April 04, 2005

Milestone Day

Hello gentle readers.

Today was a milestone day for me.

SETI
I am a participant in the Search for Extra-Terrestial Intelligence [SETI] Project. I donate my personal computer slack time so that the Project can scan and analyze deep space radio signals. My personal search crossed the 700 searches marker this morning and I have used over 14,000 hours of time.

I would encourage those of you out there that have high speed connections to participate in SETI or one of the other worthwhile search projects.

Restaurant Review Update
Those of you who read last night's Weekend Update blog had the opportunity to read my comments on our [the Girl Friend and me] dinner experience at a new restaurant [Villa Sorriso] for us. I felt it was a disppointment but allowed that the restaurant might be new and was still getting itself organized.

In the interest of good blog journalism, I called the Villa Sorriso and asked how long it had been in operation. The hostess said almost a year.

That means my belief that the experience was poor was right on, dead-solid, correct.

I promptly deleted any reference to it in my PDA and I recycled their business card. I will consume their wooden matches in due course over the Summer when I am out on my balcony , smoking cigars.

Other Stuff and Events
My work day seemed to go bye fairly fast for some reason for a change. I guess I was busy with what I had to accomplish today.

I had thought that driving after the start of Daylight Savings Time would be a mess. Tonight, it was easy and I got home earlier than normal for a regular Monday. Maybe tomorrow will be crummy as usual.

I am certainly happy that I drive a thrifty, economical Honda Prelude instead of one of those gas hog SUVs. I checked my milegage today and I was averaging around 25 to 27 mpg even in highway and city traffic. With mid-grade gasoline at $2.69 a gallon, the Prelude looks even better.

In case you hadn't noticed, it is Girl Scout Cookie season. I had been nailed when I went to my local market the two prior Saturdays. It is hard to turn the Girl Scouts down when you come out of the market with a shopping cart of food.

I didn't want the cookies because of the sugar and other less than ideal foods. But, I bought a couple of boxes each time. I tossed the boxes to the administrative staffers at work. I think they liked the cookies although I am not certain. It was hard to tell if they liked the cookies over the feeding frenzy sounds.

I did this week's food marketing on my way home. Guess what, there were no Girl Scouts around when I shopped so I avoided the buying pressures.

Slick.

I was going to talk about some other thoughts that I had but they seem really dull and unimportant now. On the plus side, you get to read a shorter blog.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home