Monday, January 09, 2006

Slow Day

Slow Day
It was another slow Monday for me gentle readers.

Contract Review
I spent almost all of my day reviewing a twenty two page contract for the company I am currently working for now.

For the most part, it is a very good contract for both parties. There is very little in terms of over reaching by the other party. It is a flexible contract with reasonable terms and conditions. I actually liked the contract and that is difficult to do for me.

Having said that I liked the contract, I still was able to fill a four page, mostly single spaced memorandum about things that needed to be changed. Sure some of the changes were minor ones like consistent paragraph numbering while others were near deal killers. One provision is a deal killer and I hope the other party comes to its senses and agrees to make the requested changes.

The last contract review I did for this company was a painful process for me. The initial contract was only woefully inadequate at only four pages. When I got finished with all of the changes that were necessary to protect my client, the contract was close to twenty pages long.

It was a good thing that the vendor made the changes because they defaulted before it came time for implementation so the client saved a bunch of money by walking away without penalty.

Doug
The Big Guy called to check in today after he heard the Howard Stern satellite radio program this morning. He said he got up in time for the 6:00 AM start. This was a remarkable feat since he is usually up until 2:00 AM sometimes. Doug said he planned to get up at 6:00 AM everyday this week to catch the show. The broadcast went very well with no commercials.

That certainly sounds better than the local replacement programming with Adam Carolla. Carolla is getting dull, boring, and old very fast. I am about ready to tune out and drop out.

Doug says I should get satellite radio for my car. If I did that, the value of the Prelude would be close to double. Besides, I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on satellite radio in a car that I may not retain past 2007.

Last Friday’s Lunch
I went to lunch on last Friday with an old co-worker from my old bank. I had not seen my friend in six or seven months so it was good catch up on things. He told me the old bank’s chief auditor had left. No one likes auditors so I suppose the going away party was held on the day after the auditor left.

My friend also told me that the compliance officer had left with in the last few weeks. I was surprised to see the compliance officer go. The staff probably had a going away party on the day the compliance officer left.

As I said, it was a slow day for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home