Monday, September 18, 2006

Dinner at El Gringo

Dinner at El Gringo on Sunday
I decided to have a chicken burrito for dinner on Sunday at El Gringo. As you can plainly see, it is huge, just like the menu states.


A chicken burrito is not a small burro but rather a large corn tortilla that has chicken, rice, refried beans, tomatos, lettuce, onions, cheese and served with sour cream and guacamole [mashed avocados, diced tomatos, onions, and spices]. El Gringo serves their burritos wet; the wet is the brown colored sauce that is all over the plate.

I should have gone to El Gringo for a late lunch instead of dinner. When you add in the chips and salsa before the meal is served, you end up stuffed. I will go to El Gringo earlier in the afternoon next Sunday so I will not feel as bloated by the end of the day.

Woman of the Moment
Since I haven’t received any comments about the next two Women of the Moment, I’m going ahead with them. In the mean time, we have Yukie Nakama as the Woman of the Moment.




The Princess
I caught up with the Princess on Sunday afternoon.

I was anxious to see how she enjoyed the wedding in Jamaica. Apparently, it went very well and there were no problems for her and her friends. Luckily for the wedding party, there were no adverse weather troubles.

The Princess was happy that he uncle is going to take her out to dinner when she is in San Francisco for a wedding in November. I think she will end up at a seafood restaurant since she likes fish and there are a great many good restaurants in San Francisco and my brother and his wife like seafood. Of course, they could end up at an Italian or Chinese restaurant as well.

The Princess was telling me that she liked my friend Vivian’s idea for an alternative version of the Woman of the Moment. She thought Orland Bloom was a very nice start and that I should continue to do this.

Job Searching and Interviewing
Today was a day for job searching and interviewing.

I had an hour long phone interview with a recruiter from the bank where my friend Sharon used to work. I think it went well. I seemed to have all of the right answers and made all of the correct observations and I knew the target market dead solid cold. It will be interesting to see what develops with this bank. Sharon wants me to get hired there so I can build the business and then hire her to work with me.

About forty minutes after I hung up with the bank, I got a phone call from a search firm that had found me on the Internet. The recruiter did not have any open jobs that I could fill. The call ended up being a body search call where the searcher banked my information for future reference. I don’t think too much will develop from the call because I did not meet the searcher’s requirements. Search firms only tend to focus on the mess on top of the pile on the desk or the position that will pay the biggest fee to the search firm and everything else gets shunted aside. I doubt that they make an effort to build a database of people who have responded to their job posting.

I went out for a short time this afternoon after lunch. I had just stepped in the door when I got another call from search firm recruiter where I had registered before. This recruiter wanted to know if I was interested in a Temp-to-Hire position.

I said that I might be interested. We talked for a while and I ended up saying thank you because the job wasn’t right for me, it was accounting work and I do not like accounting work. The pay was on the low end of the desired range. The work location was a long drive away in heavy traffic both ways. It just did not sound like a lot of fun for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home