Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend Update


Weekend Update

My weekend has turned out about as I predicted on Thursday; dull and boring.

Woman of the Moment and Weekend Bonus Feature
I plan to continue the Weekend Bonus Feature for the time being and show a couple of images of the current Weekend Bonus Feature Woman, Choo Mi-young, each week for the next few weeks. I hope you like Mi-young because I downloaded a bunch of her images.

Yukie Nakama will be the Woman of the Moment for the next two weeks or so.



I was watching my Japanese samurai historical drama last night and discovered that Yukie Nakama is playing the female lead in the series, Yamauchi Chiyo. I had not recognized her before but then when I saw her in TRICK she was wearing contemporary clothing and she is wearing traditional period clothing and hair styling in KOMYO GA TSUJI. I looked her up in the Internet Movie Database to see if this show was listed in her credits. I was surprised that it wasn’t because her other television work was listed.

Some of you may know that I tend to plan ahead. I like to have order in my life and planning brings that to me. I found the next Woman of the Moment who should appear around the end of the month. I decided to pick Salma Hayek. She is an older actress and I happen to like her work.

After Salma Hayek, I plan to feature Doug’s favorite driver, Mercedes Terrell. Those of you who are longtime Skeetshooters will understand that obscure reference.

Visitors
The foreign visitor volume picked up a bit last week. We had visitors from Korea, France, United Kingdom, Canada [2], Iran [must have been lost], Poland [2], Malaysia, Brazil, Spain, and Thailand.

One visitor spent over fourteen minutes reading my ramblings in one session. That was just absolutely fascinating.

University of Utah Football
For you new readers from the last college football season, the Princess and I both graduated from the University of Utah.


My University of Utah football team opened their season over Labor Day weekend with a game against UCLA at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. They were not successful and seemed to be overawed by UCLA, played uninspired and flat, and ended up on the short end of the scores at the end of the game, losing 31-10. You can’t win every time your team takes the field.

Last week, the Utes badly beat Northern Arizona 45-7. I think the only thing you can say about the game was that Northern Arizona was apparently overmatched. Of course, it would have been a very nice game to see at Rice Stadium in Salt Lake since this was the Utah home season opener.

Then, yesterday, Utah shut out its second in-state rival, Utah State University, at Logan 48-0. This was the worse loss in the history of the series. I supposed that it was not a pretty game if you were a Utah State fan. I think the starting quarterback Brett Ratliff for Utah could have sat the second half of the game on the bench. The Utes were up 24-0 by then and there didn’t seem to be any doubts about the outcome, only the final score.

Brett Ratliff is looking like a mad bomber with six touchdown passes in the last two games. I don’t think he is another Alex Smith but it appears he can pass the football down the field.

Utah is now 2-1 on the season with the Mountain West Conference games starting this weekend with a game against San Diego State University in San Diego.

UCLA will play in Salt Lake City next year so the Utes may have an advantage by being accustomed to the thinner air. Salt Lake is almost a mile high in elevation. The Utes will also have a stadium full of their fans to support them. Northern Arizona, not surprisingly, is not on the 2007 schedule for the Utes.

The Laptop
I did some long overdue cleaning and maintenance on the laptop yesterday. I did manage to go through and clean up the Internet cache files and dump about 100 MB of stuff. That ought to improve performance somewhat.

I also defragmented the hard drive. This was really long overdue. It has probably been six months or more since it was last done. It is interesting to watch the file color bands change from red to blue and watch the white increase as the process goes along. It took about 100 minutes to complete the task; that was longer than I had expected it would take to complete.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me on Friday. We talked for almost an hour. It’s not that I am a great conversationalist. Sharon was bored and stuck in traffic. I was a convenient distraction for her I guess.

Anyway.

Sharon told me that she is going out of town again this week. It must be nice to have time to go out of town while you are in the process of looking for a new job. She keeps saying that I need to find a great job that will allow me to hire her and then let her work from home instead of coming into the office.

That doesn’t seem like a very sound idea for me. I cam imagine the conflict from the other staff members about not being able to have the same work schedule.

Working with Sharon again does hold an attraction for me but only up to a point. She is good at what she does and that is nice. Unfortunately, that is often not what the organization needs. Sharon doesn’t like to manage others but still wants to be paid at a high level. Managing others is one way to support a high pay level.

One of the thoughts on Sharon’s mind was the job she said I should I apply for where she used to work. She told everything she knew about the job and what the company seemed to be looking for in a candidate. I guess she wants me to succeed.

Sharon also asked me about how to get customers and potential customers to visit a vendor’s booth at a trade show. I said that she should find blonde booth bimbos with big breasts. That will always get men to stop at the booth and listen to what you have to say. She thought I was wrong and that my suggestion was stupid.

This is a blonde booth bimbo from the Berlin Auto Show.

Sharon called me back a little later on. She had talked to another friend who works in the specific industry. He suggested that Sharon hire Hooters girls to work in the booth.

It’s nice to see that your ideas are not completely off base.

This is Ashley. Ashley is a Hooters girl from Arlington, Texas. She may not know much about commercial real estate financing but I can almost guarantee that she would draw a crowd at any trade show booth.

El Gringo
I plan to try El Gringo for dinner tonight. I think I will try a chicken burrito. The menu says they are large so that ought to be a complete meal for me. I’ll post my stomach’s reaction to the meal tomorrow.


I hope you all had interesting and exciting weekends, gentle readers. Maybe I will have an exciting weekend this coming weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home